iReview's Sample (Harry Potter)

This review contains a little spoiler. Read at your own risk ^^V! Wrote this on 2014.

Title: HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Author: J.K Rowling
Genre: Fiction, Fantasy
My Rating:  ★★★★★

This is my third time enjoying this book so I thought it’s only right to make a review  now (also, the emotions I got were no less than the last time I picked up a copy and pored myself over it

This is my third time enjoying this book so I thought it’s only right to make a review  now (also, the emotions I got were no less than the last time I picked up a copy and pored myself over it.).

The story opened with the usual introduction; Harry Potter and his current condition under the roof of the Dursleys. Where the focal point of the storyline lies, the title of the book says it all. The prisoner of Azkaban— a mass murderer who escaped behind bars is on the run and the role he will play in Harry Potter’s life in his another year at Hogwarts.

The book was excellently written; the elements were altogether drawn exceptionally. I am directly pleased with the inclination of J.K Rowling in writing again the important bits of information about the characters such as who are they and what happened in the preceding books. But without overtaxing it to produce frilly details. For someone like me who forgets things effortlessly, it is easy to get back on course when I get lost in the story.

The consistency and the development of characters are plausible. The comic relief, auspicious best friend Ronald Weasley has shown his side that thirst for attention as what I deemed an effect of being overshadowed all his life. The walking encyclopedia, Hermione Granger has proven in this book that she has an unperturbed strength-- who knows what she wants, who speaks her mind and stands for what she believes without faltering--,  Severus Snape being his usual cold, sarcastic, bully self (speaking of professor Snape, a glimpse of his story was shared in this book so I was able to grasp an adequate amount of understanding of why he is that way) and of course the central of them all, the famous Harry Potter! I love how he bravely faced every situation hurled at him and fought his way through with the help of his best friends. The book also introduced new characters which are interesting as the old ones.

For the most part, I was pining for the framework of the story line especially on  amazingly constructed the plot was! At the outset, the main issue of the story was already brought to play and was embedded in a series of events in the story until the time Jo finally revealed it all. She was able to supply the necessary information but still managed to withhold the very 'bomb' of the story thus not spoiling everything away.

J.K Rowlings’ creative imagination transcribed on paper, my heart is at feast!

The book contains terrific plot turns such as the game of Quidditch. While it is made clear that Gryffindor will win, Jo didn’t make it seem easy to get there. A tad spice of setbacks made the team’s sweet taste of victory worth relishing for. There’s just something I wished that happened though. With the introduction of Marauder’s map, I was thinking that the cavernous Hogwarts have been fleshed out; the places that have yet been shed light upon. And of course about Moony, Prongs, Wormtail and Padfoot! It would be awesome to discover more about them. I hope J.K Rowling will make a spin-off based on their characters and the life they once had before Harry Potter came to the big picture.

The book is really full of surprises! There’s never a drab moment, I enjoyed it so much that it just took me a few hours to finish it.

This will make you laugh and the subtle emotions will somehow dent your heart. Jo was also able to tie the loose ends at the latter part of the story. The resolution of the story line is justly delivered which gives a vague indication of what will happen in the next book.

If you have a penchant for fantasy and for brilliantly crafted plot and you've decided to pick up Prisoner of Azkaban, why, you’re in for a very good treat! I will shamelessly say that this is one of the best books there is and a personal favorite.

I give 5 stars for a wonderful experience at Hogwarts!