Killer Jerk Chicken with Charred Corn, Rice and a Strawberry Drink

Killer Jerk Chicken with Chared Corn, Rice and a Strawberry Drink

Ingredient: Killer Jerk Chicken - Chicken

~ 4*180 g chicken breasts, skin on

~ 1 tbsp runny honey

~ a few sprigs of fresh rosemary

~ a few sprigs of fresh coriander

Ingredients: Killer Jerk Chicken - Jerk Sauce

~ 4 spring onions

~ a small bunch of fresh thyme

~ 3 fresh bay leaves

~ ground cloves

~ ground nutmeg

~ ground allspice

~ 6 tbsp golden rum

~ 1 tbsp runny honey

~ 1 scotch bonnet chilly

~ 4 cloves of garlic

Method: Killer Jerk Chicken - Chicken

1. Heat up a pan.

2. Put the chicken breasts on a plastic board and halve each one, leaving them joined at the top of the breast. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and then rub all over both sides of the chicken. Put into the hot grilled pan, skin down, and leave to cook. Clear away the board and wash the knife and your hands.

Method: Killer Jerk Chicken - Jerk Sauce

1. Trim and roughly chop the onions and put into the liquidizer with the leaves from most of the bunch of thyme, 3 bay leaves (stalks removed), a large pinch each of ground cloves, nutmeg and allspice, 6 tablespoons each of rum and vinegar, 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 teaspoons of salt. Remove the stalks and seeds from the scotch bonnet chilly and add the chilly to the liquidizer, then quickly crush in 4 unpeeled cloves of garlic and blitz with the lid on until you have a really smooth past. Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to loosen, if needed.

Method: Killer Jerk Chicken

1. The undersides should be golden now, so turn the chicken over. Pour the jerk sauce into a snug-fitted baking dish and use tongs to lay the chicken on top, skin side up. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of runny honey and scatter over a few sprigs of rosemary and the remaining thyme sprigs. Put on the top shelf of the oven and cook for 15 minutes, or until cooked though. Carefully pour away the oil from the grilled pan and wipe clean with kitchen paper, and then put back on a high heat.

Ingredients: Charred Corn

~ 4 large corn on the cob, husks removed

Method: Charred Corn

1. Put the corn into the saucepan with a good pinch of salt and cover with boiling water. Put the lid on.

2. Use tongs to move the corn to the hot grilled pan and drizzle over a little olive oil. Cook and turn frequently until charred. Once ready, put on a platter and take to the table.

Ingredients: Rice

~ 2 spring onions

~ 1 cinnamon stick

~ 250 g long-grain rice

~ 600 ml organic chicken stock

Method: Rice

1. Put a large, wide saucepan with lid on a medium heat. Trim and finely slice onions and put in the saucepan with the cinnamon stick, a good lug of olive oil and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Stir and let soften for a minute or so, and then add the rice and chicken stock. Stir gently, bring to a boil, then reduce to a medium heat. Pop the lid on and leave for 12 minutes.

2. Take the lid off the rice after 12 minutes and give a stir. All the liquid should have been absorbed. Taste and correct the seasoning, if needed, and then take to the table.

Ingredients: Strawberry Drink

~ 400 g strawberries, fresh or frozen

~ a few sprigs of fresh mint

~ 1/2 lemon

~ ice cubes

~ caster sugar, to taste

Method: Strawberry Drink

1. Hull the strawberries and then add them to the liquidiser with a handful of ice cubes, a few mint leaves and the juice of half a lemon. Add enough water to cover and whiz. Meanwhile, half fill a large jug with ice. Taste the mixture in the liquidiser and sweeten if necessary. Pour into the jug and stir with a wooden spoon. Take to the table.