Chapter Four

**the next day at school**

I was grabbing my books from my locker and like usual, got pushed into it. "Look little girl made a new friend and got over her friend" Natalie said and I turned around to see her and more people making a circle around us.

"What? You're scared. You too scared thinking maybe your boy toy will leave you exactly how Violet left you? I bet he's only hanging out with you because he saw how alone you were" she said and did her little giggle.

I looked down. She pushed me against the locker holding onto the collar of my Nightmare Before Christmas, Jack The Skeleton, Hoodie.

"Look at me when I'm talking" she said. "You don't belong here and I will make you-" she said but she was cut off. I looked up to see her on the floor and Finn standing up lookin at her then at me.

Everyone gasped and I closed my locker. I put my backpack on my back and Finn yanked my wrist causing me to follow him out of the school building.

"Where are we going? It's the beginning of the day?" I asked. "We're skipping. And you're gonna tell me more about what the hell just happened. If we leave at this time, they'll count us absent. If we leave later on in the day, we'll be caught skipping" he replied with and put the Kickstand of his bike up.

I grabbed my bike and put the kickstand up. We got on and started biking wherever he was taking me.

We ended up at a playground and I looked confused. "Here?" I asked Finn who was a little in front of me. No response. He parked his bike and put the kickstand down and I did the same.

We walked up the steps on the slide. We stopped walking and we sat down in front of each other.

"Who was that girl"
"You saw. A jerk"
"Why does she do that to you?"
"Because she thinks she's better than everyone"
"Whos Violet?"
"My ex best friend. She moved in middle school and never texted or anything but I never wanted any friends after that day"

He sighed. I shrugged. He got up and held his hand out for me to grab. When we got up he went down the slide and I went straight after him causing both of us to fall onto each other.

We laughed.

"Last one to the swings is a rotten egg!!" He said and we raced to the swings. I made it before him and I sat down on one and he sat on the one next to me.

"Did I forget to mention, I was in track for years" i said and started kicking my legs back and forth.

After a while I was going pretty high and Finn was trying to get to me. "Damn. You're gonna.. fall" he said and kept kicking.

"Watch this, Mike" I said and when I went forward I jumped off and landed on my feet.

He stopped himself and went to me. "Did you just call me Mike?" He asked and chuckled. "Psshhh.. no" I said.