Chapter Nine

—A few days later—

I don't know what day it is or how many days I've been here. Since this place is underground I have no idea what time or day it is.

I stopped paying attention to how many people were ahead. All it did was drive me crazy. Hearing the screams got me to scratch the walls harder.

I was sitting in the corner by the door. I heard Caroline singing a song and all I did was listen.

"My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
Till then I walk alone-"

The singing was interrupted by her screaming. I looked out the door to see men walking in Caroline's cell with many injections, bottles with a substance inside. They also had a cart that was human size.

I started crying and yelling for her name but my words felt faded and that they didn't matter. "CAROLINE!!! NO!! LEAVE HER ALONE!!" I repeated over and over as warm tears streamed down my face.

Then the screaming stopped and everything was silent. I sat with my knees to my chest as I was crying.

Then I heard a voice calling my name. But I thought it was just my mind so I started crying harder. Until I felt arms around me. I looked up to see Caroline.

"C- Caroline.." then she let go of me. "We have to go" she said and I got up quickly and looked at her cell to see the men on the floor with injections in there necks.

"Take these. If anyone comes up to us, jab them" she said. Her red dots on her cheeks were ruined and tinted from all the crying. Her headband wasn't on her head and her dress was dirty.

I grabbed a key from one of the men's jeans. Then when we were about to climb up the stairs, i was grabbed on the hood of my hoodie.

And I looked at the man who grabbed me. Skull face. I scrambled and Caroline looked back. "GO ON WITHOUT ME!! GO!! RUN!!" I yelled but she stood there. "I'm not leaving without you Finn!!" Then I grabbed an injection and stabbed the guys wrist.

Then I was injected in the arm. Then my arm felt numb. I was still able to hold on to the injections in my hand but it was hard. He let go of my and I jabbed him in the neck as he fell to the floor. I heard more men coming so I ran up to Caroline fast.

"Cmon!!" I yelled and I unlocked the lock as the chains dropped to the floor. I grabbed them and the lock. When we were both out, I put the chains around the handle and locked it. Now no one can get out.

I looked at Caroline and I started crying again. She hugged tight and she started crying so I rubbed her back.

A/N this shit ain't over. 😂😂 Remember, Finn and Caroline still need to run away together so.. yeah. Not done ^-^