volume VI: good thinking

"Thank you guys, so much. From the bottom of my heart. These past two days have been incredible, and the fact that you put your trust in my hands; that's a large jump on its own. Set dinner is tonight at 9pm. My father, Angelo, will have the directions in the main lobby as you exit."

And again, her feet hit the cement floor. Today's shoot was smooth sailing, but Finn was still trying to get more action.

"Bella?"

"Yeah Finn?"

"Will you kiss me?"

"No Finn."

"Can I have a hug?"

"Will your hands stay North?"

"Maybe."

She went to her dressing room, and started gathering her luggage and bags. There was a small knock on the door, and she shouted for it to open. Finn was there, with all his bags being taken away by his driver.

"Want to hang?"

Isabella bit her lip, and smiled.

"Yeah."

-

"So when do you have to go back to Vancouver?"

It was the question she was dreading to ask, but needed to know.
Finn looked down, fidgeting with his fingers.

"S-Saturday morning."

He sniffled a bit.
It was Thursday.

"Hey, Hey,"

Lifting his chin, she wiped a tear that threatened to fall down his cheek.

"It's okay, we still have one full day tomorrow. We'll do everything you want and more, okay?"

He nodded and smiled. It was a heartbreaking smile. One that you need to see to survive but in the end will kill you.

"Bella?"

"Yeah?"

Finn, don't back out this time.

"I,"

You have one shot.

"really, really like being with you."

God damn it, Finn!

"And I, Mr. Wolfhard, like being with you too."

She leaned in, and placed a short but sweet kiss on his lips. It lingered for a bit, sparks still flying.

-

"And then Nick just completely tumbled over!"

Angelo, Isabella's dad, and Finn both bellowed out laughter at Finn recalling his past. Bella and her mother had been admiring the two, and how great they got along.
The four sat at the main head of the table; Isabella's parents next to each other, and the same with Finn & Bella; and were talking up a storm with everyone around them.
Isabella was giving many thanks to all the set workers, but wouldn't mind when Finn distracted her.

"Hey, Bella?"

She turned her head, still smiling from the compliments she had just got from the shoot, now looking at Finn.

"What's up?"

He fidgeted nervously,

"Would you go out on a date with me tomorrow?"