Chapter Thirteen

"Is everything ready?" Jonathan asks his sister, feeling very excited.

" I think so! Do you want anymore streamers?" Jenny asks, as the clown looks around the room, balloons float here and there, tied onto random objects in Jonathan's living room. "Do you guys like it?" He asks to his own stomach. Jenny smiles and gasps, "Wait! There's one more thing!" She sprints to the kitchen. Jon tilts his head, but it's Jenny, what could possibly be so wrong?

He sits after a few minutes of silence, no sign of his sister at all. "Jen, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine! Just forgot about your cake!"

"You mean The Cake?"

"Yes! The cake that tells your future babies' genders."

"Lovley! Can I see the outside?" Jon asks like a little kid asking to open a present a day before Christmas.

"Unfortunately, not." Jonathan frowns at Jenny's answer. He pouted, "Why?"

"Because, it's a surprise. Anyway, how'd you get the other dad out of the house?"

"I gave him a grocery list, ya know, cravings?" Jonathan smirks, and Jen bursts out laughing. The room fills with bubbly laughs. Jon then sighs, "I have to pee." The two bust out laughing again.

Jon gets to the bathroom, while he's in there his sister wonders around. She looks at all the pictures; she's never been in this house before, and it upsets her. She remembers how much trouble her little brother was, just because he was trans. Their father was a terrible person, is still a terrible person for all she knows. No one has seen him in a long time. After Mom was diagnosed it was so hard for all of them, especially Jon.

"I HAD TWO GIRLS AND A BOY!" The nasty "adult" screams at his chidlren. "You still have a vaginia you're no man!" The 9th grade Jon cries at his father's words.

"He's still a better man than you'll ever be!" Jenny steps in. It was her senior year of high school, and she wasn't afraid to kick ass.

"What'd you just say to me?" Her dad steps closer, how'd she even call him "dad", he was nowhere near one. He was an ass though.

"I said, "HE'S A BETTER MAN THAN YOU'LL EVER BE!" Jennifer raises her voice, nearly screaming. Her father doesn't hesitate to whip her across the face with the back of his hand. She falls to the ground holding her cheek. She sobs quietly, she wishes Sam were here, he'd do something, but of course he had work tonight. Dad always acted normal around Sam, he had no idea he's beat Jon and Jenny. More Jenny than Jon, thank God.

Dad walks away, no emotion on his face at all. Why? Because Sam's just pulled into the driveway. However, Jon's by my side, "Are you alri-?"

"Get the fuck up Jen." Their Dad snaps.

"You're such an ass." Jon snaps back. He smirks, knowing it'd piss off Dad and hopefully would make him start swinging. "What'd you say?"

"You deaf old man? Too busy being a transphobic a-s-s." Jenny's mouth is wide open; what the hell was her brother doing? Dad finally stands up, Sam is walking up the steps. "You little bitch! You're the reason your mother is dying!" Their dad screams and turns his slap into a fist, just as Sam opens the door.

"Dad?" Sam runs over to Jennifer, "What the hell are you doing?" 

Jon stands in the background as the two fight over Jen. "You're the reason your mother is dying!" The words replay in his head. MOTHER! DYING! YOU! 

Jonathan falls to his knees. Tears flowing down his cheeks. He's sobbing violently. "Jon?" His brother stands. "Jonathan what's wrong!" 

"It's all my fault!" Jon screams. His dad just stands there. Knowing he hurt his son, but he couldn't care less. 

"Jen!" Her father whips around. 

"JENNIFER!" 

"Jenny!?" 

She snaps back into the real world, "Jon, ohmygod. I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

"Yes, but my fucking bladder hurts." 

"Oooo." Jen cringes and chuckles. 

"Ya know, it's gonna be so amazing, it's almost too good to be true." Jon states randomly. Holding his belly, which is now 10x noticeable. 

"What do you mean?"

"Two kids running around this house with Evan and I. A guy I met online like 5 years ago. Who knew... the world is so small..." Delirious caresses his stomach and starts crying. "It's so fucking sweet." 

"Awww. Johnny." Jen wraps her arms around the clown brother of her's. 

Two hours later people have finally started arriving and Evan has finished his last errand. 

Everyone hides as soon as they hear a car door. Craig peaks out the window, "It's him!" He chuckles and hides quickly. Jon becomes anxious, waiting for his love to walk through the door; the father of his children. 

The door slowly opens, all the guests nearly jumping too early, because of their excitement. Evan pushes all the way through and everyone jumps. His eyes widen, but soon his expression turns into a smile. He meets Jonathan's gaze and laughs. He pushes through the guest and rushes to his love. He pecks him on the cheek. "I love it. So much." Evan's smiling so hard he's lost feeling in his face. "I'm so excited! What's first?" The brown eyes search the crowd. 

"How about the cake?" Jen offers. Jonathan nearly squeals, "Hell yes!" Evan seems confused as to why he's so excited about the cake, I mean it might be the pregnancy. 

"Alright, we need both of the daddies to cut the cake." Jen searches the kitchen counter, "Here." She hands the knife to Jon. The blue eyes search the brown ones, "You ready to reveal the gender?" Evan's heart nearly beats out of his chest. "Ye-yes!"  The couple shares the same knife. Jonathan is nearly shaking in excitement, he already knows the gender, but is hella excited to see Evan's expression. The soft hands push a little harder on the beautiful teddy bear cake. It's literally a cake with all different sized teddy bears on it. A slice is finally cut off. Evan flips it a little bit. His heart drops. "Oh my god..." 

***