eight. blurred lines

Oh my gee, I've just realized that this update took so long that even I had to reread the previous chapters to remember where I left off! Gosh, I'm really sorry!

I'm struggling to keep both my rotting writing skills in tact because I just couldn't find the right inspiration to write another update. But anyway, thank God, I finally survived writing a decent chapter after everything.

I really hope this makes up for the long time I've been MIA. 

Thank you for your patience, guys! I really appreciate it. Luv luv. <3

 »»————- ☆ ————-««

( eight. blurred lines )

»»————- ☆ ————-««

"You think no one's gonna come looking for us here?"

"That's what I'm hoping for. Where's Bucky?"

"Oh, uh, I put him inside and trapped his arm."

"You what?"

"Well, not really crushed his metal arm trap. Just a little bit so he ain't going nowhere once he wakes up."

There was a sigh, then silence.

"What about, Nat?"

"What about her?"

The aftermath of Bucky's sudden outburst caused a lot of problems for them. Specifically speaking, their public image in the eyes of the government. Not only are they seen as a threat but, now, they're also wanted men.

And Steve just can't afford to drag Natasha into the mess they created.

"Well, she did sign the paper so Stark might send out a search and rescue op thing to go fetch her." Sam reminded.

Steve looked at Sam sternly. "We can't just leave her here."

"I'm not saying leave her." Sam reasoned, "but she can't come with us, Steve. Whether she likes it or not, she needs to go back to the compound."

Steve took a deep breath. Apparently, trying to make Bucky remember his former self wasn't just the only difficult thing he had to do today—it was to leave Natasha.

He glanced back at the redhead with a sad look. She was still unconscious from their fall earlier and Steve didn't want to leave her behind with that state so he took her with them. Though he wasn't sure what their next move's going to be, he knows that Natasha couldn't be a part of that.

"I know," he agreed.

Something shifting and a disgruntled sound interrupted their talk. Both shared a look before walking towards the other room, with caution may they add, just in time to see Bucky waking up.

Bucky stirred his head, let out a slight groan, when his eyes dawned on the person before him. There was a pause. His eyes were puzzled as if he saw something familiar but didn't know why it looked to be. He was digging into the back of his mind, juggling his memories to try and get some useful piece to remember who Bucky Barnes is.

Then finally— "Steve," he said.

Steve still looked reluctant. "Which Bucky am I talking to?"

Bucky took a while to answer, as if he was hesitating to say something or not. "Your mom's name was Sarah." When that still didn't seem to convince him, he added with a weak chuckle, the memory humoring him, "You used to wear newspapers in your shoes."