Chapter 3 The Night

"Lani, why are you awake, shouldn't you get some sleep?" Karma said as she lazily woke up from a deep sleep. Lani sitting at the edge of opening of the sweeper, almost falling off hearing the older women's voice." Oh karma you scared me, I can't sleep with all that's going on" karma looked her up and down only to see fear.
"Why are you so scared, we got out. And we have vert back,so whats wrong?" Karma said in a worried tone. Just because Lani annoyed her didn't mean she didn't want to help." Why do you even care, I thought you hated me?" Lani said pouting and angry. "No, I don't hate you its just your really agitating, and some of us don't know what to do with you so we just make it out like your not much. To nothing at all. But trust me I don't hate you, I just don't particularly want you around all of the time." Man did she want to say that for a long time. "Oh" was all Lani could say after that. "I'm scared to go home. I left without saying anything, and this was before the world race even started so you can imagine how long I've been gone." Lani said with sadness in her words.

After Lani had said why, she started to cry. So karma sat there with her. When she eventually stopped crying Lani was really tired. But out of nowhere, karma laid lani's head on her knee ( she was sitting criss cross ) and said "Rest, you need it more than me". Lani was surprised by this of course but, she didn't complain at the least. Soon she drifted off to sleep, leaving karma alone, again.

She sighed to herself and looked up at the night sky. Then a thought came to her," How did he come back?" But eventually she put it off and looked back at the stars and started to picture the constellations. The Bear, The Archer, The Swan, The Lion and some others. Then a voice spoke up behind her. "What are you doing up so late?" She recognized it immediately, it was Taro.

"Oh, you know. Helping the weak" she said, while pointing at lani. "Hmm, so your a protector now. How nice of you to save us from the all and frightening night in the desert" he said in a dark yet sarcastic tone. "You would know all about that wouldn't you Mr I'll Punch You If You Piss Me Off." She said coldly as if she were trying to freeze the smug look on his face. "Well, I'm only mad because of her. If you get to know her she's not half bad but if you let her toy with you,...... She'll make you think twice about women like her." He spat back trying to prove a point only a man with experience could. "You never told me happen between you two, but if you don't want to tell I won't push" she said softly, so not to be rude and intruding. "No thanks" he said blankly. She hummed at his response.

After awhile karma spoke "So, Taro whats it like to be a metal maniac- I mean when your not racing, but being a family and close to everyone?" She tried not to sound weird, but really failed. He chuckled at her question. "One their all pretty crazy yet laid back, Two they are all my brothers, and Three No one leaves anybody behind not even our enemies." He looked serious when he said the last one. Then looked into karma's eyes."So your basically a neutral number in this group?" She sounded a bit surprised." Yeah, like you" he said moving closer to her." What do you mean l-like me? I-I'm just me, I-I care for everyone n-no matter who you are." She wanted to sound defending, but really she sounded like a nervous wreck that stuttered. He chuckled more, and leaned in closer to her face. Their lips were only centimeters away. Karma was a blushing mess, and Taro was as confident as always.

____________________________________
But what happens next.

Sorry for the cliffhanger again its not fair, but I bet your worth the wait.
Love you my little kitties.
- KatDaddy