xii. real life

Johanna was sitting in the high director's chair, rubbing her temples with her fingertips. It was a long day, too long for her liking to be honest. It was a Friday evening and she would prefer to spend the evening with a pizza, her bed and 'Parks and Rec'.

She had promised her sister to watch only the first season and leave it if she didn't enjoy it. However, when she ended up dying of laughter on the floor on several occasions, the show turned into one of her favorite things.

When Andy finally said they were free she sighed and got of the chair slowly, feeling as if it had drank all her energy.

She grabbed her things and headed off set to get her bag and jacket with a low-spirited look on her face, probably looking as if she would eat alive everyone who would get in the way between her and her home.

"Wow, you look like someone ran over you with a fucking tractor," she heard a familiar voice say and a dry smile creeped it's way to her face without her noticing.

"Is it that bad?" she asked, turning around to see Bill nod.

"Pretty much. And I think it's not just you. It was a crappy day for all of us. What are you up to anyway?" he asked, following her to the wardrobe.

"I dunno. Perhaps I'm heading home. Why?"

"Well, I found this great burger place near the park and I thought I could take you there. There's nothing better than a good burger to fix your night," he exclaimed making Johanna chuckle, her tough day now forgotten.

"Just give me five minutes, okay?" she asked, watching as Bill smiled widely.

"Okay."

✵✵✵

Bill watched as Johanna sat down next to him on the park bench, the burger she just bought in her hand, putting her handbag next to her, taking out her a bottle of Coca Cola. She took her first bite and almost moaned at the taste of it, closing her eyes for a second to enjoy the feeling. Bill laughed at her and took a bite of his own, getting her attention.

"Don't make fun of me," she said, playfully pushing his shoulder, laughing. "No, seriously, my sister was the burger fan in the family, not me. These are awesome to be honest."

"You have a sister?" Bill asked after swallowing another bite.

"Yeah, her name is Caren. She studies graphic design in London," Johanna explained, looking at the man next to her.

"So she is younger than you?"

"Seven years," she opened her mouth to say something, but closed it quickly.

"What?" Bill asked, suddenly interested in what she had to say.

"Nothing, I was just about to say it's a pretty big age gap, but I remember who I was talking to," she laughed "You and Alexander  have how much- thirteen years?"

"Fourteen," Bill answered, smiling as her eyes widened, "what, one year is not that much."

"No, I just imagined having a fourteen years older brother and I was a bit shaken."

Bill chuckled, "At least you would have had someone to protect you from vexing ex-boyfriends."

Johanna shrugged her shoulders. "Or girlfriends."

Bill looked at her shocked. Her face was a bit cold at his reaction as she took a sip from her bottle. Her blue-green eyes were looking at him closely, as if she was daring him to say something. However he noticed the stiffness in her shoulders and the slight fear in her face, which calmed him down a bit. She really cared about how he was going to react.

"Does it matter really?" he asked, "Annoying people are annoying people."

He immediately noticed her dementor change, as if the weigh on her shoulders was lifted. She chuckled, "Yeah, you can say so."

The rest of the evening went in laughs and giggles and Bill accompanied Johanna to her hotel.

"It was fun, we should do this again sometime," Bill said as he was about to leave.

"We definitely should," the woman smiled and Bill turned around to head to his place. "Hey, Bill," he heard and he looked back at Johanna, who made a couple of steps towards him, raised on her toes and kissed his cheek, "Thank you, for everything," she said and quickly headed inside before he could react.

Bill touched his cheek slightly, then looked up to see an older woman smoke on the balcony of the first floor. Emilia Harper chuckled and winked at him, then put out her cigarette and got inside.

✵✵✵

Aaaand

Okay, seriously, sorry I was unactive, I had a lot in my head recently

Okay, seriously, sorry I was unactive, I had a lot in my head recently. I have two tests tommorow, a training, and I had a fight with my mom.

Anyway, please comment and vote if you like it, don't be a ghost reader...❤️