Common Passion And Feelings

Matteo's house was busy today. Everyone got ready for the new house guest that will come in tomorrow. It was an exchange student from Mexico. His mom signed their family up a long time ago. She always loved to help others. That was one of his favorite things about his mother. His dad was hesitant of course but somehow she changed his mind. Matteo didn't like the idea of having a stranger in their house either but decided to try it and once he did. He loved it, this way he made a lot of friends around the world.

He didn't know much about the person that was going to stay this time, he only knew that he/she is from Mexico. His mom didn't want to tell too much, she wanted it to be surprise. Because of this, he got more anxious as they got closer to her/his arrival.

He had a long, sleepless night. He kept thinking of every scenario that could go down the next morning but his mind never would've come up with what going to happen tomorrow morning.

His mom heard that she was going to arrive in 5 minutes. Everyone had to be there to welcome the new girl. So they waited for her in the hall. He never thought that he would be this nervous to meet the exchange student. He had no idea why.

As soon as the doorbell rang, his anxiousness was at its highest level. As soon as she walked in, he was aww struck. She was very beautiful, he noticed immediately. The girl was small, she had brown hair and green eyes. She seemed about his age. From the minute she entered, she had a huge smile on her face. It was so beautiful, he thought by himself. He had no idea what has gotten over him and he's not sure if he liked it or not.

Señora Balsano welcomed her immediately and she introduced her to everyone. During all those introductions, she never stopped smiling even though she had to do the same thing over and over again. That girl has a big light inside of her, he immediately noticed.

It was finally his turn to be introduced: "Hi, I'm Matteo Balsano."

"I'm Luna, nice to meet you, you must be the student that also goes to Blake." She answered him.

"Yes, I guess I'll be showing you around the first day at school." He stated as it wasn't obvious.

His mom suggested he'd show her around the house. As he was giving her a house tour, he got more comfortable with her and quickly started acted as himself again and not the shy guy he pretended to be ever since she walked into that door (was it really pretending? he thought for a second).

"And this is the kitchen but we don't usually come in here." He said after wrapping up the tour.

"Let me guess, it's the room where all the staff works?" Luna said a little disapprovingly. "You know, it would be nice to socialize with the staff sometimes, they could be very nice."

"Well, you can do whatever you want but I have to keep myself to the house rules." He said with a little sadness in his voice. She noticed it but decided to ignore it.

"So what do we do now?" she asked after a few minutes of awkward silence.

"You can go unpack in your room if you want." He suggested.

"Okay, I'll take my bags and ask the housekeeper to lead me to my room then."

"Before you go." He stopped her by putting a hand on her arm. "There's something you should know first?" he said with a smirk on his face.

"And what is that?" she asked, raising one of her eyebrows.

"You're an exchange student and my family is hosting you, we might become just a little too close during your stay." With that, he raised his eyebrows suggestively.

She rolled her eyes and turned around to walk away from him. "We'll see about that." She quickly said before she left the room. He couldn't stop smiling even after she left the kitchen.