My Heart's Greatest Desire

Nina and Luna were sitting together at the Hufflepuff table for lunch. It was their first year at Hogwarts and the transition from being a normal girl to a wizard wasn't easy for Luna. The main reason was that she had no idea who her birth parents were which means that she had no idea that she had magical powers. Her adoptive parents are just normal people who didn't know anything about magic until she started to develop her powers.

When she first came here, she quickly befriended Nina and Simòn. But her friendship with the latter has been hanging on by a thread recently. The reason of this was because he started to develop feelings for her and he told her a thousand times but she was confused and didn't know how she felt about him. There was a brief period where she thought that she actually had feelings for him and that led them to being romantically involved. She soon figured out that she wasn't as into their relationship as he was and she decided to break it off. He wasn't very happy about that and today he is still hurt and wants to avoid her as much as possible. She felt bad, but she was also sad that she had lost one of her best friends.

Nina was very excited about their classes today, she couldn't stop talking about them. Luna was way too distracted to listen to a word she was saying, she was focused on looking at Simòn. She wanted to find a way to make it up with him but she couldn't find it.

When they were done with lunch, she made an attempt to talk to him and she ran after him when he left the main room. She stopped right before him and Nina was behind him so he had no way to escape.

"We really need to talk, Simòn." She tried to start the conversation.

"I can't, I'm going to be late for class." With that, he stepped away and didn't look back.

Luna felt really sad because he didn't even give her one look and she felt tears welling up in her eyes.

"Are you okay?" Nina distracted her from her thoughts.

"I think I just need to be alone for a second." She walked away from her best friend because she didn't want to see anyone right now.

She walked around the corridors to find a secluded place where no one could find her. After a while, she found an empty hall and paced to try to calm herself down.

Matteo was done with his lunch but his best friend Gastòn left in the middle of their meal because he told him that something had happened with his family when he got a message from his owl. He seemed upset and Matteo decided to let him be for a while and after lunch he would try and find him to see what exactly is going on.

He walked through the entire school and looked in every classroom, walked in every corridor but his friend was nowhere to be found. He had no idea where he could be.

After a second search through the school, he walked into an empty hall. When he did, he noticed a girl pacing back and forth. He recognized her immediately, it was Luna. How could he forget this clumsy girl? Ever since they met, it was a very weird meeting by the way, he wanted to see her again and again. There was something about her that made him try to talk to her every time he sees her.

He noticed that she wasn't happy as usual, instead, there were tears rolling down her face. He walked up to her to see what was wrong.

"Hey, are you okay? You look upset." He stopped her pacing by putting a hand on her back.

She jumped by the sudden touch. She had no idea someone was here. But she recognized the voice the second she heard it. Out of all people that could walk by, it had to be the Slytherin boy, Matteo.

"Matteo, I didn't hear you approach me." She looked up at him.

"That isn't a surprise to me. You never see me because you always seemed bump against me or do you do that on purpose?" he tried to cheer her up a little but it didn't work.