three🎲

Real Madrid High

Laura couldn't even look at Cristiano the whole day. It was just so awkward for her. Sergio hadn't bothered to look at her either, and she honestly felt like crying a couple times.

Sergio is her best friend, and she couldn't believe this was happening.

"Laura."

She turns to find Marcelo running toward her.

"Oh, hey," she says.

"You know we started warming up? Cristiano got worried when he saw that you weren't there," he says, "so coach let me come find you."

"Yeah, I'm coming," she replies.

Cristiano. He was nice and funny, and basically everything Laura wanted in a guy, but they were best friends. There was no way she could ever feel romantically about him.

As she and Marcelo walk out to the small stadium, she recognizes the cheering. The match was about to start.

"Hey, hoe," Lauren says. Laura smiles at her best friend, and Lauren puts her arm around her. Right about now, Laura was appreciative of her blue-haired mate.

As the teams are announced, Laura stands up and cheers when Sergio's name is called. They might not be talking right now, but he was still her brother.

"Come on, Sese!" she shouts, and she notices a slight curl of his lips. A small smile. It's all she needed.

But it totally meant nothing. Real Madrid were down 2 goals as the game came to a close. And then to make matters worse, Barcelona receive a corner kick.

"Screw us. Our defense has been terrible all night," Lauren says.

"What do you mean? The whole team has been terrible," Evie comments.

Laura lets out a sigh as Gerard Piqué, of all people, heads the ball into the net. The final whistle blows, and Sergio just drops to the ground. He covers his head and pulls his knees to his chest.

Cristiano looks equally as upset. And as awkward as it is around him, she immediately runs to Cristiano.

"Cris!" she shout, and he looks up.

"I just need a hug," he whispers, and Laura immediately wraps her arms around him.

"It's okay, Cristiano. We all have bad games," she says.

He stays silent, and it's that moment when she turns her head, she sees Gerard Piqué smirking at Sergio.

What the hell?

"Alright, Piqué, that smirk on your face is just telling me you did something," Laura says, standing up.

He turns to look at her, the smirk still on his face.

"I did nothing," he says, raising his hands in innocence. "It just feels good to kick the shit out of your team...especially your brother."

He did not.

"What the hell did you just say?!" she shout, going for him, but Cristiano holds her back.