Dudleys birthday 2.0

Harry and Dudley filled Lily in with all of the events of the past year. It was several hours past their bedtime by the time they had finished, so they went to bed straight away, and Dudley's birthday party was the next day- it was mostly family with a few friends, but exciting all the same.

*****

The next day dawned bright and sunny. Harry and Dudley went into Lily's room to open the rest of Dudley's gifts. Harry was more excited than Dudley, as he loved seeing his brother so happy.
Dudley received several Muggle fantasy books, as he had a thirst for reading, a diary, as Lily though that he should write more about his feelings, a wand holster for his new wand (Harry wanted to get permission before making this wand- just in case Snape found out again!) he also got some magical books about creatures, and a book about charms. Alongside this, there were lots of sweets and little gifts, socks and all that stuff. He also got several new build a bear outfits!
Remus sent a collection of new books which he had discovered, a wizarding fantasy collection, which he figured Dudley would like.
Sirius bought some quidditch things, mostly better equipment, for him, as he was desperate for his second Godson to be in the quidditch team too.

Three hours later, both boys were washed and in dress robes, midnight blue with bronze trimmings on Harry. And Silver trimmings on Dudley, waiting for guests to arrive. Lily had invited the Weasley clan, The longbottom's, The Lovegood's, The Grangers-she sent a portkey-, Snape, Remus and Sirius. And everyone arrives promptly, the Grangers looking mildly sick. Hermione gave Dudley a second book, tin and Neville gave him more sweets, and Charlie gave him a plush dragon.
The games included pin the tail on the hippogriff, musical thrones, a piñata, musical statues, musical bumps and a quidditch game, along with random races in brooms, which made the adults fear that they would have no children left by the time they were through with the party!
Gobbo outdid himself with the dinner. He made seven types of sandwich, every jelly imaginable, including pumpkin, biscuits, ice cream, sausages, tiny burgers, chocolate chip cookies, cupcakes, and the birthday cake.
The cake was large and round, chocolate, with white swirls of icing all around the rim of it. There were dragons iced on top, firing red icing fire at each other, which would occasionally dire off the edge of the cake and splat the person nearest then. Everyone sung to Dudley, making him blush. Sirius took a photo.
After tea, the kids retreated upstairs to the cozy room to play one of Dudley's new games. Half an hour later, they had gone through every game they could think of and everyone was beginning to go home. At ten, the boys were sent to bed. Harry crept into Dudley's room.
"Did you have a good day?" He asked.
"Yes, it was brilliant."
"That's Good. Night"
"Night, Hazza."
"Don't call me that, Dudders!"
"Get lost!" Dudley muttered, throwing a pillow at him, Harry laughed and threw the pillow back, heading for his own bed. Yes this summer would be good!