H.E.L.P. where it is needed most.

He lead them through the village to the outskirts, were there was a larger house. Harry lead them inside, and he waved them in, looking around sadly. There were four house elves in wheelchairs, and one who couldn't move without assistance. A few house elves in nursing uniforms bustled around, making them comfortable, caring for the injured elves.

"These elves belonged to Godric Griffindor. He beat them. These were nearly dead when he died themselves, and they got kept under the statis spell, but because of orders, they couldn't make themselves better until I freed them. They have next to no magic left as they were abused so badly." Harry explained. Hermione asked permission, and began taking pictures. she then began to ask questions. A nurse explained all about their condition, and how many masters today did the same thing. Hermione wrote it all down, and asked permission for it to be used in their leaflet.

"What do you think the penalty for abusing elves should be?" She asked.

"First strike, lose the specific elf.
Second strike, loose all elves the person has.
Third strike, be sent to Askaban. If a wizard did it to another wizard, they would be punished, but it is not the same for hurting elves or any other creature." The nurse answered, quickly.

********

Back in the library, Hermione created a Leaflet for H.E.L.P., which she magically coppied 3000 times.

'HELP

House Elf Libreation Party.

Have you seen a house elf mistreated?

Are you sick of wizards abusing fellow creatures?

Well, HELP is at hand.

We believe in helping elves get fairer working conditions 
and freeing mistreated elves.

We are getting started,

are you?

"Being free is great, we get to learn to read and write!"- Sparky

"They were abused until they lost their magic,
They now cannot move without assistance."- Nurse for House Elves.

Your contribution will 

-help fund the house elf village,

-help fund our literature

-end abuse for elves once and for all.

only 5 sickles membership fee

Together, we can make a change.'

As they looked at the leaflet, they were amazed, the pictures of the elves made it look incredible. Next, they wrote the letters.

"Dear ........................,

We would like to invite you to be part of HELP, The house elf liberation party. We believe that together, we can help end the slavery of house elves. We have included a few flyers  for you, and would appreciate your help. We look forward to hearing your replies.

Many thanks, signed the committee:

Mr Harry Potter, Mr Dudley Dursley, Miss Hermione Granger, Miss Athena Granger, Mr Neville Longbottom and Mr Ronald Weasley." 

They copied this to all of the adults they had put on their list, then sent a copy to all of their parents.

"I hope my parents won't mind. They are always a little on edge since Bellatrix tried to curse them. Thankfully, she didn't succeed, I can't imagine life without my parents."

"Your Gran will be on your side, though. She believes in fighting for what you believe in."

***

Over the next three or four days, the replies came from all adults, including the 5 sickle membership fee, and from Amelia Bones, an invitation to a DMLE meeting and a daily prophet interview in a weeks time...