•VII•

I checked the time; t was already midnight. Had I really been here this entire time? I hadn't drank more than like two sips of that entire bottle because Annie was already passed out with the majority of the alcohol in her stomach. It went from her encouraging me to drink more, to her crying about some guy named Alex, back to getting me to drink, then to her first frat party.

This girl was a mess. Pretty, but a mess. I slowly got up off the bed and looked around the room. I thought for a moment and remembered that Tae was at this party. Things got quieter and I assumed he had already gone home. I guess I won't know until I leave. The room was dark, but lit enough to see what was what.

There were pictures of a boy holding a football the size of his head on the night stand, some trophies on a dresser and a bookshelf along with some scattered papers on the floor. I only assumed that this was Dameon's room, or someone else's, I didn't recall him having siblings. I exited the bedroom, closing the door behind me softly as to not wake Annie, flipping the do not disturb sign over. "Did you have fun?" Elize scared the crap out of me. I turned to face her, her arms folded across her chest and a giant smile painted on her face.

"Ah yeah, much fun." I reply faking a smile and nodding. "She's good huh." She winks and nudges me. "So good she ended up passing out." I reply thinking it was funny how literally nothing happened. "If she passed out that's either due to you or booze." "I say booze for sure," I say as I walk down the stairs. "Are you underestimating him?" She asked and I turned back to look at her, "Him?"

She gave me a look that made it very clear who 'he' was. "Oh, ah, no." I felt like I'm was ready to throw up. Not due to the very small amount of alcohol in my system, but just this conversation. "You heading home?" She asked as she descended the stairs, me already at the bottom. "Yep!" I rush over to the door in a hurry to get out of there. "Aren't you forgetting something?" I stop before the door and hesitate to turn around. I sigh, "What did I forget?" She points to the sad drunken Tae on the coffee table.

I swear I'll end up murdering this man.

I walked over to him and swung his lifeless drunk ass over my shoulder and hauled him out of the house. "Come again soon, Kookie!" She yelled and I ignored her. I had bigger and heavier problems to worry about.

***

"So you have zero idea of what happened to me last night?" Tae asked holding a bag of ice against his head. "Dude, I was stuck in a room with a drunk female who complained the life out of me until she passed out." I said as I made coffee. I had one of those Keurig coffee machines on top of Tae's mini fridge. "At least you got with a girl," He groaned. "I doubt you didn't. I couldn't find you so I figured you already found a room. Not to mention NOTHING HAPPENED between me and that girl." I sat down next to him and gave him the coffee.

"Thanks man." He sipped on it and held it on his lap. "You're welcome." "Other than the girl, how'd your night go?" He asked looking at me for details. There wasn't much but that. "Well I was hooked up with said girl by none other than my ex," I mentioned. He gave me wide eyes and started nudging me. "Did you ah, get down with Elize?" He winked and I rolled my eyes, getting off the bed.

"Why on earth would I wanna 'get down' with my ex?" I sat on my own bed while he swung his legs around to the edge of his, leaning towards me. "Why wouldn't you?" He looked at me like I was crazy for not wanting her. "She was honestly a mistake dude. I don't know why I even dated her." I looked down at my hands. "From what I heard, senior year in high school was a blast for you."

Oh great, he found out about what happened. Apparently everyone knows by now. "How do you find out about that?" I looked at him, curiosity burning within me. "Word gets around my friend. Honestly though I was in line for lunch and one of Dameon's friends was talking about it so I listened in and I found it pretty funny." He shrugged and laid back down on his bed. "Nothing about what happened was funny!" I hollered at him, he didn't even flinch.

"Regardless, you ended up screwing yourself over that night and I don't think I feel bad for you," he said, turning over to face the wall. "I wasn't looking for your sympathy." I grabbed my hoodie and walked out of the room. It was early in the morning, too early for classes, so I decided to stroll around the courtyard in search for a better morning.