CHAPTER 20: Things Left Unsaid.......

KRISTY

        For the next few days, Cam has been acting different. I know that something is wrong. Though of course, he wont tell me about it, neither will his mom.

         They both just tell me that I have nothing to worry about and that soon enough, I will know.

         My gut on the other hand is saying something else. And I'm sure that what they aren't telling me has something to do with Damien and Amy and because I'm pregnant, they don't want to upset me. However, me worrying, that is just as bad. Though I'm trying not to for the baby's sake.

         In which I have decided too, that I will ignore him until he tells me what's going on.

          Today, however, I had a doctor's appointment and then was going to meet Cynthia for lunch.

          I tried all morning long to get a hold of Can, but instead, left a pissed off voicemail and drove myself. This was going to be my first sonogram and it meant a lot for him to be there and I kept reminding him everyday.

          Maybe it was my hormones and maybe I am being over dramatic about it, but for him to just forget about it or whatever the reason for him not being here is, I need to re-evaluate his seriousness and dedication to this baby is. Cause I don't mind raising the baby by myself, but I just need to know if he is on board or not. I mean, shit, it ain't like I climbed on top of myself and got myself pregnant or anything.

           After arriving at the doctor's office and checking in, I turned and saw Cam standing right there, in front of me now and holding a bouquet of my favorite flowers, Daisies.

          "So you decided to show up!" I say as I walk passed him and take a seat in the chair to wait to be called back.

         He then takes a seat next to me.

         "Baby, I'm sorry that I haven't paid much attention to you lately. And I know that you want to know what's been going on. Which at first, I didn't want to worry you about, but, seeing as to how you are already and are upset with me, I guess it's time that I do tell you. But not here. We'll go out to dinner tonight and I will explain everything to you. I promise. Just trust me please. And please, don't be mad at me. I love you and want to be there for you and our baby and our future kids also. I want to be your everything and more. Just give me one last chance." He says with pleading eyes.

          I am so caught up in the heartfelt words he just spoke to me, that I don't realize tears are falling from my eyes and down my face, until I feel him wiping them away and kissing me on the lips.

         "Okay. And I love you too. But, just, you need to communicate with me." I tell him.

         "I promise. No more secrets. Except for the times I want to surprise you." He laughs.

         "You're such a dork." I chuckle.

        "But I'm your dork." He says playfully.

        I then take the flowers and smell them and admire at how beautiful they are.

       "Thanks for the flowers baby." I tell him.

       "You're welcome, my love." He replies with another kiss.

        Then the nurse calls me back to the room and we end up seeing a medium-sized dot, that's our baby. And right as we see it, I notice that I'm not the only one tearing up.

          He kisses me on the lips again while still holding my hand and as the doctor hands us our photo, him and I look at it together and say 'I love you' to each other before heading out.

*****************************************

          After agreeing to go out to dinner with Cam tonight, I headed off to meet up with Cynthia for lunch.

          I showed her the picture of the baby and she 'awwed' it. Then we talked more about the baby shower and a few other things. A lot of girl talk.

          I went to use the bathroom and as soon as I got done washing my hands and looked up in the mirror, I gasp in fright as someone from behind me in a ski mask and wearing all black, quickly covers my mouth and nose with a cloth before everything goes black.

*****************************************

         I wake up in a dark room that has only one light that's hanging down right above me from a chain.

         I see a couple of guys that are on each side of me and then Damien and Amy are both staring at me.

         Right away, I notice that I'm tied down to a chair with my hands tied behind my back and my ankles are tied to each front leg of the chair.

          "Well look who finally woke up." Damien says.

           "What the hell is going on? Where am I?" I ask.

           "You are in my basement and you are going to stay down here until Cam decides to make his move. IF he does it in time, that is." He grins.

            "What are you talking about?" I asked him confused.

            "Cam didn't tell you? Him and I had made a deal and soon, we are to fight for the  title and position in the Wolf Council. And in case you might still be confused, it means that only one of us can survive the fight." He says.

           That's what Cam and his mom didn't want to tell me.

           "But we all know you're too weak. You will never be as strong as him and his family." I tell him.

           "Well that's why I have you. You are my guarantee that he will lose. Which at first I thought would not work, but then I suddenly realized not only would it work because of just his love for you, but also, the fact that you are carrying his child. It's perfect. So I guess, in a way, you've helped me." He tells me.

           "I'll make sure he doesn't give up his position in the council." I snap back at him.

           "Well, of course the choice is yours but, do give it some thought before you make a final decision. The way I see it is you have two choices. Either you let him voluntarily give up his title and you both live happily ever after, or, you go with the only other option there is. Which is where we do fight and you end up raising your child all by yourself." He grins.

           I quickly start to try struggling to break free from the ropes, but can't, of course.

          "You guys keep an eye on her. And let me know if she tries anything." He tells his two guys while both him and Amy start walking up the stairs and out of the basement.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)