twenty eight

Our lips pull apart after what feels like a blissful lifetime of contact. I cannot stop myself grinning like the Cheshire Cat in that book. Enoch's mouth is curled into a smug smirk - his hand still balances on my hip. I wonder if that was what Rosanna's first kiss was like, for she never divulged the details to me after she returned from the new year dance, full of excitement. Now, I too am getting a buzz which is alien to me.

"Did you like it?" Enoch whispers - the scot in him becomes increasingly more attractive.

I nod. My mouth aches from smiling for too long. He leans in again and plants one final, tender kiss on my lips.

"We should go back." He murmurs, beginning to push himself up from the pebbles.

"But then I'll be all by myself..." I sigh, treating him to a coy smile. However I suddenly worry he will take my statement in the least innocent way possible.

"That can be helped." He stands up tall and offers his hand down to help me up. I breathe a sigh of relief - for he did not take things in a worse direction. I take his hand and, with all his strength, he hauls me to my feet and immediately knits his fingers with mine.

We retrace our steps back to the house. My eyes begin to sting from being awake for so long while my emotions drop down from the exhilaration of my first kisses. Enoch's grip of my hand is tight, as if he will never let me go. Not a sound escapes either of us as we re-enter the garden and slip through the front door.

"Come and sleep in my room. I'll go on the floor." He whispers before taking off towards the stairs, leaving me little choice in the matter. I follow him, walking on my toes to avoid unnecessary noise - goodness only knows what Miss Peregrine would say if she knew.

He waits for me at the top of the stairs, and snakes his arm around my waist while we walk towards his bedroom.

"How long have you wanted to kiss me for?" I whisper. He stops abruptly and turns to face me.

"Since the first time I ever saw you."

Author's Final Word -

And that's the end! I know it's rather abrupt, but I have told the story which had played in my mind since I first saw the film. I hope you have all enjoyed it - and I would like to thank everyone who has supported me throughout it's writing. A new story will be beginning soon... not necessarily a fan fiction but maybe a sequel is on the horizon...