Introduction

Have you ever heard of the story about a human girl, wandering into the spirit world and having a remarkable journey to get back home and save her parents, meeting new friends along the way? Well, you’ll be in for a surprise when I tell you of a new story of the next generation. A special girl who tries to do a remarkable thing to find a certain spirit of the Kohaku river.

Let us begin at a time in a little old fashion home, up on a hill, looking over the forest and little shrines below. In it lived an elder woman somewhere in her sixties and was looking over the view with a young girl in her early teens at the age of 14. She has bright chocolate brown eyes, dark brown hair and is wearing a light long sleeve shirt with knee high shorts and tennies on, sitting next to the elder woman. The 14 year old girl was the elder woman’s granddaughter. Who is this woman, you ask? Well, it’s Chihiro, of course. Her granddaughter’s name is Noriko, a bright, cheerful, free spirited, kind hearted, short tempered, clumsy and adventurous young girl who is always up for anything no matter what the danger is thrown at her. What she doesn’t know is that inside her very being is a spark. A powerful spark, beyond anything the universe has seen for eons and eons.