Bend & Break (Prologue)

(contains excerpts from Season 11 Episode 5: Bend & Break)

"This is it. Finally. The last thirty days were terrible. Thank God it's finally over." I say to myself. I got up from bed and got ready to shower. I'm meeting Calliope and the woman who's been helping us fix our marriage in two hours.

Last night was a ride! I think we just had the best sex of our marriage. I giggle every time it pops in my head. Me and Callie had been through a lot in our marriage and I want to mend whatever we broke. I want to be with Callie. I love her too much.

//fast forward to their meeting//

"We've come a long way. And I know that we have further to go, but... I love you Calliope. I love you. Life without you terrifies me, and the world just makes less and less sense. I don't even know what I'm doing at work right anymore. But the thing that I need, is my anchor. It's you, I need you, and you're the only thing I will ever need. And I'm so glad this break is over." I say as I hold her hand. I love this woman with all my heart. I need her. I don't know what I would do if I lost her.

Callie took a deep breath before she spoke. Her rich brown eyes were filled with tears. I don't know what to feel. My heart was pounding.

"The last thirty days have taught me so much. All I wanted when we first came here was to know that we would leave together. But from the minute I sat down I could feel it, I felt like I was going to be suffocated. The last several weeks I have laughed more, I have done more, enjoyed myself more. And I finally feel free. And by being free, I can see now that constantly trying to fix us is the thing that's been killing me slowly. And I don't want to do it anymore, I don't want to fix it or fix us anymore."

My heart sank. My eyes were getting teared up too. I wanted to scream and cry but I couldn't. I kept the pain inside. Her hands slowly slipped from mine. I wasn't ready. Not yet.

"Maybe instead of loving you so hard, I should just be myself for a while. I should love me. And you should love you, and together we love Sofia, rather than... I want so much for you Arizona. For both of us. So much more than this. More than being stuck with someone who feels stuck. I want you to feel free too."

She wiped her tears and reached for her purse. She stormed out. She left me. The councilor's eyes were at me. I paid and thanked her for her service. I managed to curve a smile although I feel like dying inside.

This must be really it. We're really over.

A/N:

Hey! How do you like my take on season 11 episode 5? Tell me in the comments! Don't forget to like, vote, and share! Chapter 1 coming soon!

PS, this whole story is based on Arizona's POV :D

Happy Halloween! Bringing back CalZona feels.

—Lez

Started: October 31, 2017
Ended: