Chapter Eight

It was late, and dark. The rain seemed to be eternal. No one was leaving their homes tonight, not even Ino. Dark, gloomy rain clouds loomed above Konoha. But in the midst of all that gloom, there was light. Light from the small house that the Haruno family resided in. Light from the girl and boy inside the house, warm and cozy by a large fireplace. Sakura and Sasuke. Two completely different people.

"It looks cold outside." Sakura stated glumly. Hinata and her were /supposed/ to go shopping today. Until the rain showed up. "Yeah." Sasuke said from behind her, looking out the window as well. His expression was cool, as usual. But Sakura was utterly horrified by the sight of the rain. "Why today..." She whined. Sasuke only shook his head and laughed lightly. He pulled the pinkette away from the window and flashed a small smile at her. "It will go away, Sakura. I promise."

So, the two stayed inside for hours. They hadn't had school that day, so it was easier to talk freely. They talked, and talked, and talked. Sakura did most of the talking, and Sasuke listened. He liked to listen to the Haruno. It made him feel like a good person when he was around her.

But, as the night went on, Sakura could no longer talk anymore. Her eyelids fluttered closed, and her breathing grew slower. Sasuke knew she was sleeping. Carrying her up the stairs silently, he opened the door to her bedroom and walked toward the bed. The Uchiha gently laid Sakura down and covered her with the sheets. After turning the light off and leaving a soft kiss on her forehead, Sasuke crawled out the window of the small room.

He wished and hoped he could stay with the pinkette forever, happy and safe, but he had to go back to reality.

-------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the /reaaalllyy/ short chapter. ;-;

I've been busy lately, so that's why I wasn't updating this story. Gomen'nasai for any typos..

By the way, a friend of mine will be writing some stories on here. You will be able to tell who is writing and/or wrote the story by the name at the end. Just as mine is SasuKat <(*-*)>

I'll be taking requests as soon as summer starts.

Please vote, comment, and tell your otaku friends! It helps me out a lot!

--SasuKat <(*-*)>