4 | the lovers song

' darkness is needed for stars to shine. '

A SNARL ESCAPED RACHELLE'S MOUTH as she glared at the shapeshifter, hating him as jealousy clouded her eyes

A SNARL ESCAPED RACHELLE'S MOUTH as she glared at the shapeshifter, hating him as jealousy clouded her eyes. If you haven't noticed, she's very possessive. A throat was cleared that snapped her out of her death glare that was directed to Jacob.

"Can I talk to you, Rachelle? Alone." Asked the father of her mate, Edward. She nodded, kissing Renesmee's cheek before standing up, glaring at Jacob as she bashed her shoulder against his.

"She's mine, mutt!" With that, she left the house with Edward. They walked through the forest in silence.

"You love her," Edward was the first to break it. Rachelle nodded, a smile tugging on her lips. "You'll protect her, right?"

"With my life." That statement alone was enough for him to believe her, enough for him to trust his little girl's life in her hands.

"AHHHH!"

A scream was heard from the house, a cry everyone knew all too well.

"Renesmee!"

"MATE!"

Rachelle was like lightning. She raced through the forest like a bolt, arriving at the house in just a second. She slammed the glass door open, cracking it, before rushing up the stairs so fast, that everyone jumped when they saw her.

The dark-haired beauty scanned the room, and her eyes landed on a soaking wet, upset hybrid. She ran to her and checked for any injuries. When she found none, she let out a breath of relief and hugged the child to her body.

"What's wrong?" The vampire asked as Renesmee sniffled into her neck.

"Jack. He got me all wet. And this is my favourite outfit." She whined softly. Rachelle sighed softly at the fact that she was not in danger but let out a soft growl as she glared at Jacob.

"I'll get him back for you." Her voice was laced with mischief. Jacob gulped as Renesmee smiled kissing her cheek.

Rachelle froze, not expecting a kiss at all. She glanced at Renesmee before a grin overtook her face. She gave Renesmee a big kiss on her cheek, filled with love. Renesmee's heart began to beat faster, warmth crawling up her neck and tainting her cheeks red.

The sound of a phone ringing broke them apart as it began to vibrate from the back pocket of Rachelle's blue skinny jeans which she paired with a black crop top, that showed her abs. She rolled her eyes, letting out a growl before taking her phone out of her pocket.

"What?!" She snarled into the phone, angered at having to split up with her mate.

"Woah. What's got your panty in a twist?" She rolled her eyes at the voice, already knowing who it is.

"What do you want, Damon?" She growled into the phone, pissed.

"Gasp!" He exclaimed, feigning hurt. "Am I not allowed to call my best friend?"

"You are. But when you call, there is always a reason."

"Okay fine, you caught me." He started. "It's important. It's about her." With that mentioned she quickly gave a kiss to Ness's cheek before leaving the house, talking to the guy called Damon.

"What do you think that is about?" Asked Kate, curiosity getting the best of her. The others shrugged. They then began to do their own thing. Carlisle and his wife, Esme, started to play chess.

Emmett, Rosalie, Kate, Tanya, Mary, Randall and Garret were all watching a football match. The Irish were talking amongst them sleeves, just like the Romanians and the Amazons. The Egyptian coven was looking around, aside from Benjamin and his mate Tia, who was talking to Jacob Black.

Peter and his mate Charlotte were sitting on the sofas, reading a book. Edward and his newborn mate Bella were talking together about god knows what. Lastly, Renesmee was playing the piano that everyone stopped to listen.

The guys watching the TV turned the volume down while the others stopped reading, playing and talking. They were all amazed at how young Renesmee could play. It seemed like she got that gift from her father.

"Okay...Yeah...Bye...Love you too...Bye." Rachelle quickly ended the call with Damon and sighed. After what he told her, her mood turned from happy to pissed off. So she did the only thing that made her happy — sitting by her mate's side.

When Rachelle entered the house, the sweet melody of music swayed passed her ears. Walking towards the living room, Rachelle saw her angel playing the piano. She walked up to the piano and leant against it, a smile gracing her lips. Renesmee was terrific to have that kind of skill at such a young age.

'Like you were any different.' Rachelle grinned at the thought. Once her mate pressed the last key, Violet clapped loudly, a feeling of proudness swelling in her chest.

"Well down, princess." She congratulated before kissing her temple. Renesmee giggled and smiled.

"Can you play?" The young hybrid asked, quietly. Rachelle nodded.

"I can. But let's leave that for another time." She stated. Renesmee nodded and continued playing the piano while she sat next to her. Rachelle couldn't help it and started playing with her as well. She played the harmony while Renesmee played the rest. The two mates continued doing that for a long time, both of them enjoying it so before she knew it, it was night time. Rachelle took Ness to her house and placed her in bed.

"Goodnight Princess," She said as she kissed her forehead and was about to leave when soft fingers wrapped around her wrist.

"Will you stay with me?" The young hybrid mumbled. Rachelle chuckled but nodded, climbing onto her bed. She wrapped her arms around her as she cuddled into Rachelle's sides. Her breathing soon began to even out, and she kissed her forehead, laying her chin on top of her head.

"I love you, Renesmee. Always."