7 | the phone call

' even the moon was jealous of the stars '

GRABBING AHOLD OF ALICE'S HAND, Aro was dragged into a vision of the future, his eyes wide as he watched the scene being presented in his mind with genuine horror and fear

GRABBING AHOLD OF ALICE'S HAND, Aro was dragged into a vision of the future, his eyes wide as he watched the scene being presented in his mind with genuine horror and fear. He witnessed his coven, guards and brothers being slaughtered to death by the Cullen's but the one who stood out the most was Rachelle Jules. She had a dark gold aura around her and was killing his vampire's left and right, her power was out of this world, something that Aro had never seen or heard of in his entire lifetime.

The others all stood bored, waiting for Aro to see Alice's full vision. Rachelle let out a yawn as she gazed up into the sky, rolling her eyes. A tense silence covered the open area when a phone began to go off. 

Realising it was her phone, Rachelle rolled her eyes as everyone stared at her. Her ringtone snapped both Aro and Alice out of the vision and glanced back at the powerful vampire who held up one finger and took her phone out of her pocket before answering it.

"What?" Rachelle hissed into the phone.

"Wow. What's got your knickers in a twist?" She rolled my eyes, hearing the familiar voice of her best friend.

"Now what do you want, Damon?"

"Nothing really. I'm bored, and I wanted to talk to someone. Stefan's too busy sucking off Elena's face, and I'm bored! The others are doing god knows what and you're my best friend. So I was like to hell with it and called, but now I regret it because you're acting like a bitch."

"Oh stop whining you, big baby. You sound worse than the mutts." The said dogs growled while the others snickered and it was then that Rachelle realised that they were eavesdropping. "You know it's rude to listen to other people's conversation," She told them.

"Who you talking to?"

"The Volturi."

"The Who? Oh, you mean that group of copycat vampires who think they are sooo cool but in reality aren't and don't own shit." A laugh bubbled out of her throat as her eyes twinkled with amusement. Renesmee watched her mate with awe; the sound of her laughter made her feel warm inside.

"Yes, and they just heard you."

"See if I were Stefan I would be like shit, but because I'm me and me being me, I'll just say fuck it." A smile broke out onto Rachelle's face and that, ladies and gentlemen, is why he was her best friend.

"Yeah well, I'm in the middle of a so-called war, so I need to go," She stated.

"Okay. Don't go crazy and don't do anything I wouldn't - fuck it. I can't do that stupid best friend take care speech. Just go beat some copycat cold vampire asses." He said. Another bubble of laughter escaped before Rachelle said a quick bye and ended the phone call. Everyone was staring at her, and she just rolled her eyes and motioned for them to go on.

"Now you know. That's your future. Unless you decide on another course." Alice ended. Rachelle was surprised. It must've been a wicked vision if it created fear inside of Aro.

"We cannot alter our course. The child still poses a grave threat." Caius said which started to piss Rachelle off.

"Oh fuck off blondie,"

"But if you were assured she could remain sealed from the human world? Can we live In peace?" Asked Edward who a small smile tugged on his lips as he knew something that the other didn't. Rachelle huffed, crossing her arms as they ignored her.

"Of course, but that cannot be known." Caius scoffed.

"Actually, it can." Two pairs of footsteps could be heard across the field. Looking back, Rachelle saw two tanned figures, a man, and women.

"I've been searching for witnesses of my own, among the Ticuna tribes of Brazil," Alice stated as the two stood behind her.

"We have enough witnesses-" Caius was cut off by his brother, Aro.

"Let him speak, brother." His brother glared at him, flabbergasted.

"I am half human, half vampire like the child. A vampire seduced my mother, who died giving birth to me. My aunt, Huilen, raised me as her own. I made her immortal." The boy explained.

"How old are you?" Came the voice of Bella.

"150 years." The hybrid said as he looked back at Bella.

"At what she did you reach maturity?" Aro asked, intrigued.

"I became full grown seven years after my birth. I have not changed since then." A broad grin spread across Rachelle's face as she looked back at her mate, eyes filled with warmth and love.

"And your diet?" He continued asking.

"Blood, human food, I can survive on either."

"These children are much like us." Came a hoarded wise voice. Rachelle snapped her head in the direction of the bond seer, Marcus.

"Regardless, the Cullen's have been consorting with werewolves, our natural enemies." Caius glared. Rachelle let out a growl, taking a warning step forward.

"Dear ones, there is no danger here. We will not fight. Today." Aro said. They all then sped off back to Italy.

"Such a prize," Aro whispered as he looked between Alice, Bella, and Rachelle, who glared at him as he left, speeding back to Italy.

"Yeah run! And don't fucking come back."

"We have them on the run, now is the time to attack," Vladimir said as he and his brother walked forward.

"Not today," Carlisle said, gently.

"You are all fools. The Volturi might be gone, but they will never forgive what happens here." The group all laughed, relieved that they didn't have to fight the Volturi. Grabbing Renesmee off the wolf, Rachelle wrapped her in her arms, inhaling her scent deeply.

Gaining some courage, Renesmee tugged Rachelle down, the latter falling to her knees in concern as she stared at the hybrid which she was now at eye level with. Reaching forward, Renesmee placed her lips on her skin, shocking Rachelle. It was just a kiss. Not a passionate one on the lips, but a simple cheek kiss. It was just a kiss, but it was one that made the dark-skinned undead heart beat a million miles an hour; one that left her weak at the knees; one that made her brain freeze. It was then that Renesmee finally understood what love was.

"I love you." Hearing the child's words, Rachelle's eyes widened in shock; she was speechless. Renesmee began to felt self-conscious as time ticked on and Rachelle continued to stare at her with shock until a broad grin broke out onto her face, her eyes twinkling with love and happiness.

"And I love you too. Always."

There are no words, for there are so many words to describe true love. It is intense, passionate and most often, unforgettable. Love is pain that broke your heart yesterday and yet love is the joy that picked up the pieces to create a beautiful tomorrow.

Love is ephemeral as lifetime ends and yet eternal as it is embodied in memories that build one. There can be no life to be lived, no completion if love seems absent. In a way, it is an enigma that will continue to both astound and haunt generations to come as they feel an unthinkable desire to surrender.