Chapter 1: Origin of Eve Hallow

~Eve's POV~

~Eve's POV~

I was mortal once. Or at least I thought. You see my mother is La Muerte, a.k.a the ruler of the Land of the Remembered. I had only met her once, every October 31st. "How?" you may be asking. Well she was able to become human whenever she pleased. Kind of the perks you get for being an immortal ruler. I had never met my father until I had turned immortal. Since my birth my abuela raised me. I remember one day, October 31st, I had been helping my abuela out with her healing tonics when something went wrong. These kids had called her out of the house, playing tricks on her. When I hadn't looked, they had put explosives in the tonics making them explode. I recall them hitting me,burning my skin. Then it all turned black. That was until I saw the moon, my skin had these marks of fire, not scars but these designs of the fire on my arms. I remember looking at the moon, he gave me warmth and comfort. He told me that if it was any other normal mortal, they would have been dead, in the Land of the Remembered for all eternity. He told me that I would become the Guardian of Tricks and Treats. I vowed on my life that no one would die the same way I had. I vowed for October 31st to be a fun-filled holiday where kids could have fun, stay out and get treats and maybe pull a few pranks on their friends. That was over three hundred years ago. I had never expected it to turn so dark but the ones who truly believe in me call me the Spirit of Halloween. Some people know me with purple hair and green eyes, others see me with flaming hair and orange eyes, my appearance is all up to what I want to look like.