five

Dove

"Guys! Are you here? It's time!"

I distance myself from Styles at the sound of the voice and I drop the rose, letting it fall on the ground.

His gaze follows it until it plummets into a puddle, staining the pale pink of its petals.

"Coming!" I shout, cleaning my fingers on my jeans. "Don't talk to me ever again. Don't talk to me, don't look at me, and we'll be cool. Understood?" I tell Styles looking at him straight in the eyes, before turning around and making my way towards the main gate.

"Hang on!" I hear him shout behind me, but I ignore him. "Dove, hang on!" He says stopping me, his hand on my wrist.

"What now? Nice to know you at least know my name" I blurt, and push him away. "Stay away from me, if you don't want trouble." I start to walk away, but all of sudden I'm knocked to the ground. Two hands grip my shoulders and I'm turned around roughly.

"Don't be fucking ridiculous" he says sitting on top of me to stop me from getting up.

"Let me go!" I shout trying to push his chest away, but he just takes my wrists and pins them down to the ground, on each side of my head.

"You don't even know what trouble is. I've been kind to you, but don't forget who you're talking to. I will not have you disrespect me again" he says leaning down until our faces are only a few inches apart, his minty breath hitting my face.

"Or what?" I spit.

"Believe me, I've killed for much less" he says lowly, his jade eyes piercing right into mine. He pushes me harder onto the ground, and I instinctively close my eyes. Then, all of sudden, his weight is uplifted.

I open my eyes in surprise, and I see him walking away.

I stand up and take my pocket knife, that is on the ground away from me, too far away. When did he take it out of my pocket and throw it away? I didn't even notice. In this moment, I realise that Styles really does live up to his fame. He's good, really good. Is that an issue? Probably. Do I care?

Not really.

"Miss Winters!" I hear the voice shout, and I walk in the direction it comes from as fast as possible.

"I'm here, what's the issue? Did Mr Styles lose his boots?" I say when I reach the guard.

"Really funny, Miss Winters. It's time, and Mr Styles won't be pleased by your delay."

"Well, if it's Mr Styles we're talking about, I must walk as fast as possible" I reply sarcastically walking to the gate, "Because we all care about what Mr Styles thinks, right?" I whisper to myself.

I enter the house and see a group of three people gathered in the middle of the room. Styles has his shoulders to the door, and it allows me to roll my eyes without being seen before making my way towards them.

"Miss Winters, how kind of you to join us" Mr Styles says as soon as I reach them.

I greet them, and they all greet me, apart from Styles. He turned around when I walked in, but now he's just staring coldly at me, with seemingly no intention to say a word. How childish.

"Hello, Styles" I say, deciding to be the better person, but he glares at me.

"It's Mr Styles for you" he says harshly before diverting his gaze from me.

"Alright... Mr Styles" I reply, the name I use to refer to his father seeming weird referred to him.

"Miss Winters, as I was saying before you decided to honour us with your presence, do you have any last questions about the plan?" Mr Styles asks me, totally oblivious to - or totally not caring about - the little feud his son started.