Restore: The World's End

RESTORE BOOK ONE: THE WORLD'S END

~banner by @weeknder~

It was their fault.

They took everything away. Red, red…. Everything buried in crimson roses as the orange tongues swallowed the shelters into black ash. I could hear everyone’s twisted screams every night and their unheard prayers haunted my nightmares like a never-ending melody. Metals coming from the gun barrels, piercing flesh, taking everything away and then… it just happened. The world ripped apart, people killing other people. Then everything just sunk into utter darkness, light never to be seen again.

I’m not a hero.

They called me by my name. They cheered and praise my very existence, like it was a god that needed to be worshiped. No, I didn’t save anyone… I did it for myself. I did it for me and for my vision of the past world. Stop calling me like that. Stop praising me. I don’t deserve to be placed upon the throne. It… wasn’t me that saved them.

I don’t remember.

I didn’t know when I had stopped trying. I gave up on everything I had once I had started to use it. All I had that was important, all the precious things----as well as the memories, shattered and I had given up picking up the pieces. What I saw with my own very eyes that day was the only thing that kept me going. It was the only thing that kept me alive… and it was the last day I saw the sun came down, never to come up ever again. Other than that piece of shattered glass, my memories had no use anyway.

All of them are stupid.

They kill for themselves. Is that what they wanted? Did they want a world like this? They are all fools protected by their own façade. They don’t care about dignity, or humanity… They just want to live. What is there to live in this disgusting, unfair world? It’s ugly and filled with trash now that the ones who grieve cannot be saved. Those people are monsters. I want world back. I want it back… But what power do I have to save it? If all of them are monsters, what power do I have to banish them by myself?

I’m sorry. Forgive me.

I couldn’t make them smile anymore. This world is cruel and nothing could ever change that. Please… Just forget about me.

I…..

***

She continued to narrate her words written in black ink on decaying papers. As she began narrating the words herself for more than a hundred times, she felt her stomach turn. She wanted to rip the pages apart and scream, hitting the wall with her fists until they would bleed. She wanted that. She desperately wanted that. But she couldn’t. Her hands started to shiver and her vision started to blur. Warm tears had started fall as her reading was interrupted by sobs. Of all things that she couldn’t believe written on that page, what she couldn’t accept was the name imprinted on the yellowish paper.

“I am still blindfolded.” She whispered as she continued wiping her tears.

_____________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE

The video on the side kind of suits the intro so I put it in. Just so you know, the anime in the video and the story is not related! I just thought that the song matches. LOL

Enjoy reading! Don't forget to vote! :D

-Takanashi Rima