【Welcome to the Broken World】

『Mission IV』

【Welcome to the Broken World】

~Book Jacket by: @SinisterSushi~

The girl stood sternly, pointing her gun at the teenage boy raising both hands up in the air, resting her finger on the trigger; waiting to be pulled. Rion furrowed her brows as the gadget hanging from her ear continuously gave her electronic letters shaded in red---like that of the boy’s eyes. She bit her lip as she waited for more words to come out of the boy. Rion glared at him, sharpening her eyes, but he didn’t seem bothered.

“Rion? Rion!” Jamie’s voice mixed with electronic static had invaded her ear. “Are you okay? Get a hold of yourself!” She screamed, just to make her voice audible from the weapons beings thrown and shot in the battlefield.

“You, are you going to keep quiet?” Rain breathed tearing the silence that surrounded both teens. “My arms are getting tired from hanging around with the wind.”

Rion’s legs softened, her austere manner of seeing the boy vanished as she lowered her deadly weapon slowly, pursing her lips. “Okay…” She said, prolonging each syllable quietly to avoid reaching the boy’s ears.

The red-head’s eyes wandered; observing every corner and every speck of dust to be found resting inside the forgotten room. Rion kept her distance from this so called ‘Rain Cross’ not knowing what trouble he might burden. He wasn’t part of Restore, Rion proved that much, it wasn’t her concern to ask any more questions and the red-eyed male didn’t seem that harmful, with an exception to those eyes.

It was then, Rion’s eyes shot wide open, she felt her heart rate drop for a millisecond as the booming sound of bombs had started invading her ears, eliminating the sound of bullets escaping the barrels of metal guns. Rion had started collecting force on her legs as she went pass the red-eyed boy, ignoring his existence as she lifted up her own body, and slid herself through the broken window passage.

Rion felt herself freeze. She somehow didn’t feel her legs when she started rushing off to a broken wall to hide in. Once again, her whole being was covered in fear. She felt her legs shudder, bringing her further down to the ground, her hands started quiver, as she tried her best not to let go of the metal gun. The Japanese-Korean felt the cold surrounding her. She, herself was drowning in her own acts---drowning in a sea of fear. All noise had started to mute; she had grown deaf by her own thoughts telling her to run. Rion shook her head violently as turned around and started shooting some of the men in black uniforms, at the same time, feeling thankful for the blue electricity currents raining from the sky haven’t hit her.

The ringing in her ears wouldn’t cease. Her hands shivered, making her miss all targets. The act of ‘saving’ had been stripped out of meaning. This was a mistake Rion made, a grave one. And before she knew it, she felt herself drowning in despair.

“Rion!” An electronic voice snapped all emotions out of her. Roland had been screaming her name from his ZSI “Rion, where are you? Are you okay?” He asked in panic.

“I-I...” Rion stuttered her shaking wouldn’t stop. “R-Roland… I-I’m” The thought of her being the cause of this nightmare was slowly invading her mind, her heart and slowly, it started engraving guilt onto her very soul.

“Rion, calm yourself!” Roland screamed once again sounding identical to that of his little brother, Roxas. “Listen, that irregular is---“

Before the blonde could even finish his own words, Rion felt the shivering cease as all booming sounds seem to mute in her ears as it got replaced with a shrill, terrifying voice shook her eardrums, accompanied by the crashing sounds of metal and concrete battling each one’s surfaces.