Chapter 11

Friday. Jeremy was waiting at Heather Chandler's house. He was holding a length of rope. The SQUIP recommended that he go along with Carrie's plan for now; they could deal with the rest when it came along. Carrie arrived at the house a little while after. 

"Hi, Jeremy." She said. She gave him a quick kiss, pulling back and smiling. "Just set the rope down." 

He did as he was told, watching the end rise up like a snake to a snake charmer. Carrie worked her magic, as the coil snaked up the house walls and into Heather Chandler's open window, where she lay sleeping. 

The rope twisted around the sturdy wooden beam in Heather's roof. the other end curled around Heather Chandler's neck, the corse fibers scratching her neck. The rope tied itself, before pulling up, bit by bit. 

It was then that Heather Chandler started to wake up. She stared down at her neck and screamed. Jeremy jumped back. "What's happening?!" Jeremy stood up taller to see, but Carrie shut the curtains. 

The rope tugged itself. Through the curtains, Jeremy and Carrie saw the silouette of Heather's dead body in the window. He screamed. 

"Sorry! I'm so sorry, Jeremy. I didn't want you to see that." She hugged him, then kissed him again. "No one needs to see a dead body." 

"Tell her that you'll be okay." 

"I'll be okay." 

"Add on, as long as I'm with you." 

"As long as I'm with you." 

Carrie smiled. "Me too." 

"Jeremy, we need to see the extent of her... talents. It'll let me see just how far you can go without endangering your life." The SQUIP explained. "Ask her to show you some of her abilities."

"Carrie... what else can you do with this?" He asked. Carrie smiled and took his hands. 

"I thought you'd never ask!" 

...................

Jeremy and Carrie stood in the middle of the old orchard. The apples were newly ripe; bright red and beautiful. Carrie asked Jeremy to stand in the middle of the field. "Now, watch." 

Carrie's mind flexed. Apples started to fall off the trees, stopping just before they hit the ground. they floated to Jeremy in a circle. Against the sunset, they seemed like black dots, but Jeremy could still see the colors. As more and more gathered, they turned into a cyclone of apples, leaves, and even a few pinecones. Carrie had practiced this earlier. Now, for the big part. 

"Stay still, okay Jeremy?" Carrie closed her eyes, ignored the splitting pain in her head, and telekenetically lifted Jeremy off the ground. He would have screamed, or fallen had it not been for the fact that the SQUIP stopped his body movements. 

Floating meters above the ground, in a cyclone of fall itself, Jeremy stared down in fear at Carrie, who looked up at him with nothing but love in her eyes. Jeremy smiled back, not wanting to tip her off. 

"Well." The SQUIP started. "It appears as though if you were to tell someone..." Jeremy looked to the right. The SQUIP was still standing beside him, giving the impression that he was standing on thin air. "She would kill you, them, their family, your family, the entire police department, and basically this entire town." 

"Looks like I'm turning into her accompolice, huh?" 

"If they ever catch you, I'll bail you out."