Chapter One

Felix was in his office scrolling through his computer, with how focused he seemed on the computer you could assume what he was looking at was important, well at least to him. To his employees, they mostly thought he was answering emails or writing up a report that he needed to submit right away.

Felix was known as a hard worker and barely every slacked off, he owned a law firm, a nice condo, and mostly only took cheaper Ubers, he was safe with his money, and overall a careful person. Anyone who knew Felix well knew that he cared about his business a little more then his personal life, meaning his love life and even social life kinda fell short, but he made up for it by being successful, and it's not like he didn't have friends he did, he just didn't put them overwork, and they understood that.

However today he as slacking off a bit, but he was the boss and figured he deserved to get a small break for all the work he does, not that his employees don't do any work, all of them were very hard, loyal workers... maybe loyal is the wrong word, they were all lawyers after all, loyal isn't part of the game, but they were hard workers. Another click on his mouse and the forms to order a Helper-Bot, closer inspection of the website showed he was on Feelbots.com, a pretty popular company to buy robots from, they mainly specialised in Helper-Bots and Therapy-Bots, along with some other special order bots, but Felix only need the helper bot, he filled out what they asked him to, and paid for the bot all in one go, it was easier than separate payments, he hits the send button just as a male comes in, he's wearing a suit and tie like the rest of his employees.

"Hey, Jeffery," Felix says as the male puts a folder on his desk exposing a huge rip in the man's synthetic flesh, exposing the wires and mettle, exposing that he wasn't human, but a Lawer-Bot "Still haven't got the fix yet?" he asked.

"Sorry boss Doc hasn't had time to let me in, huge accident at a factory, bunch of Builder-Bots were harmed in getting some of the actual human's out of the fire and collapsing part of the building" Jeffery said with a shake of the head "I'm leading the case against the company, remember? I'm proving that they weren't following safety regulations and they have to pay the human's medical bills, honestly how hard is it to follow some simple safety regulations, I have been over the regulations a t-t-thousand times and n-no -- no reason not to t-there so simple" he said his voice glitching during the ends a small bit.

"You doing okay Jeffery you were glitching there for a bit," Felix said worried "we need you to be in tip-top shape if we are gonna win that case," Felix said.

"I'm okay boss, some water got in the wound by accident, I'm going to the doctors after work" Jeffery promised.

"Okay need you on your best working drive these next few days" Felix smiled.

"Got it, boss! See you later, I should go review to make sure!" Jeffery left.

Felix was unlike some people, even though he knew the Jeffery and some of the other employees were robots, he never treated them any differently than how he would a human, he didn't exclude them just because they oil pumping through them instead of blood. They acted human so they should be treated as such, but not everyone thought that way, people still protested against the bots, and they refused to let them into certain events, they won't let human's and bot's marry yet, or even give them the rights if they get a union, Felix saw it as pointless to deny them rights, it's like what they went through when he was just a kid, they were fighting for gay rights, and trans-rights, now that's over do they really need to go through it again? Everyone knows how it ends the people who were right all along and get their rights, and eventually, it becomes something people never even really think about, but no we have to do it the long way. Felix sighed, voting was coming up soon to pass the bill to make the robot and human marriages legal throughout the states, about two months from now, he knew his vote since he didn't care what people did it was yes.

Felix looked at the computer again Congratulations! your Helper-Bot should be at your door tomorrow at 6 am! we hope you are happy with our services, please leave a review once bot has been used for a bit.

~ . ~

At the Feelbots co. they had just got the email and said the testers said they had one ready, this bot happened to be Helper-Bot 30467.

"You hear that Sean? You gonna finally be able to go out and help someone finally work instead of being trapped here!" a worker in a white lab coat said walking over to him, they were going the last couple test on them.

"Wow, I'm already leaving... doesn't feel like that long since I was just in a computer being programmed," Sean said looking at the male working on him "Steve, am I really ready to go out?" nervousness soaked his voice, that if he wasn't ready something could malfunction.

"Of course you are, you pass all the test, and you pass with flying colors don't be silly... now move your thumbs" he said making sure all the movements were working right.

They kept asking him to move things as they talked.

"You excited?" Jim asked, the Technician-Bot that assisted Steve, but didn't really have a say in anything.

"Yes, very, I finally get to be owned! and used for what I'm supposed to be used for!" Sean smiled.

Every bot goes through different stages of passing test. The first stage is reflexes, then learning things, then practicing the things they learned, more programming added in, making sure the bot didn't have too much of one emotion and had every single emotion, and what to do in emergencies. And not sean was at the last stage, just making sure everything's okay, and right, it was an easy process, and mainly just a precaution.

"Okay Sean, we are gonna shut you off, put your master's basic information in and send you out. The next time you wake it will be at your new owners" he said.

Sean nodded and powers down waiting to be powered back up by his new owner, nervous, excited and happy all at the same time. He hoped his new master would be good, he heard horror stories from some of the other bots and tell him, of owners abusing or just leaving the Helper-Bot. Sean didn't want to be abandoned, abandoned Helper-Bots were seen as useless, and worthless since there must have been some reason why they abandoned them. It had to be an awful feeling and it was one feeling Sean didn't want to experience. so he had his fingers crossed for a good owner.