12

"detention for you park jimin. never be such a disgrace to this class again."

-

PARK JIMIN

october 13, 2017

"yes sir, i'm sorry."

the entire class was staring at me, and i could hear a girl snickering in the back. everyone didn't know what to do at that point, so they all joined in laughing. i felt tears starting to build up, simple let my head down and let my head fall onto my arms that were crossed in my desk.

why was it that i am hurting so much?

i started to cry into my arms and here small whispers here and there saying "murderer".

i heard a loud bang on the desk, and then came multiple bangings on the desk.

i looked next to me on the left, only letting part of my eye peek since i knew that my eyes would become puffy and red at the moment.

peeking past tiffany's desk, taehyung was banging his ruler on his desk, not stopping. everyone's eyes moved from me to him, they only wanted to give attention to the more recent things.

"taehyung, please stop this noise when we are reading the article," mr. hwang said in a firm voice, barely lifting his face from the article.

the noises of the ruler hitting the desk only grew louder and didn't stop.

"mr. kim taehyung, please stop the noise."

taehyung gave him a death glare, his left hand reaching for his pencil and beginning to hit it against the desk.

the teacher's eyes flared at him, making a noise when he set his article down on his desk.

"taehyung, i am going to ask you one more time. stop the noise and let us read the article," he said and it seemed that his eyes could pop out for how much he was glaring at taehyung.

"no," taehyung responded firmly, and only made the noise increase.

"fine, detention for you as well with jimin. what is with kids in this class today? too many changes," mr. hwang said as he began filling out detention slips.

taehyung finally stopped and began to smile, laughing almost. tiffany wasn't satisfied with his reaction and hit him in the arm to make him stop because we all know she knows her dad better than all the kids in her class combined.

"thank you tiffany," her dad said to her, and her cheeks flared up and only nodded a bit to look at him in the face before looking down at her desk.

"you know what, since we have too many interruptions in this class, i'll make you read this on your own right now. if you have questions do come to me and ask," mr. hwang said as he sat down at his desk, almost slamming the article on an empty space where there weren't any papers that needed to be graded.

i sighed, opening up the inside pages of the article for i read the front page before class started.

the entire reading caught my attention, even though it was on a more serious topic of illegal immigration, and i knew that my entire family came from originating immigrants. chanyeol was the first born child of our family to be born in america, and the rest of our family lived back in korea.