13

"yeah, gotta drink up fatty. water makes you lose weight."

-

PARK JIMIN

october 13, 2004

no one seemed to notice until taehyung lifted his head and saw two of his least favorite people.

"get lost," he said to both of them, but i highly doubt that he even heard what they said.

"oh no! no need to worry taehyung. we just wanna talk to jimin about a project we have in music in the library. can i talk to him?" seulgi asked in one of the fakest voices i've ever heard that made me want to run away to the bathroom and let my ears bleed properly.

wow, seulgi is so good at lying.

she's even better than me at that, lying. i was always a bad liar, but then again i'm bad at everything.

"fine, but you only have two minutes. you know what happens if you don't bring him back by then," taehyung eyed her with only the worst things that he could think of, and seulgi only gave him the same exact glare.

"oh, i'll be sure of that," she said, reaching for my wrist which caught me off guard and made me slap her wrist with my other hand that was free.

she didn't have the happiest look on her face, and in that moment i knew that i screwed up badly.

seulgi almost yanked me out of my seat, but i was able to regain my balance before my entire body was about to collapse entirely on the floor.

i yanked my arm down with force so that i was able to escape her grip, which left her in shock a bit.

my dad had trained me to do self defense at one point, i hadn't used it lately because my mind is instead being blinded by the image of irene dead on the crosswalk. i was simply too weak to go back into my memory to find how to slam my fist into another person's jaw.

i could beat up seulgi if i wanted to, but i'm not gonna be a complete douche bag either.

but i'm not going to play victim any longer.

the hallway was only scented with the stench of children's tears and loneliness, and the images of kids laughing as their victims cried on the floor, desperate for someone to notice and save them.

it was a slur, for the image disappeared the moment i looked away.

seulgi and joy, only the two symbols of the prime misery of this entire school. if anyone asked you who the devil was, i would not be able to decide between both of them.

as soon as kids saw seulgi and joy walking down the hallway, some gave a smile with a thumbs up while others faces grew pale and ran away, trembling of fear. their memory and simple fact that they will never be happy at this school remained locked in their minds.

funny how the two only wanted it for a popularity statement.

i didn't want to waste time with someone so irrelevant, so i raced quickly to the area where it revealed kids laughing behind the glass windows, some sitting quietly on couches, reading to distract themselves. others were on the tables, laughing and dropping multiple board game pieces onto the ground.

and then there was the others, some weeping to themselves quietly.

why was it that no one got closer to those who were the deepest in pain that they had to isolate themselves where no one can find them?

i pulled the glass door open and made my way to a corner of the room where no one could find us.

"stop right there," seulgi said as i turned around and glared at both of them who were staring back at me.