Fantasy/Adventure/Mystery-Thriller:- Winners!

Fireworks and glowing lanterns! Well, the announcement of the results calls for a celebration. 

Who's got the cake?

Anyway, I (BoredOfBoring) am tremendously sorry for not uploading the results on time and I was in charge. But but but... let me explain. 

I got dengue. I was bedridden for days. I hope you all accept my apologies. I'm still a bit sick so there might be delays in uploading the results but I'm trying. Moving on...

Here are the first set of results.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FANTASY/ADVENTURE/MYSTERY-THRILLER  Judged by BoredOfBoring

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WINNER!

Thorns by DelicateEclipse

Score:  49/50

BOOK REVIEW

Cover:     A simple, wonderful cover that matches the book and conveys the meaning. It doesn't have many elements or isn't  very fancy but I absolutely loved it. Undoubtedly, you lost no marks here.

Description:     Full marks. Your description is what attracted me the most to your book. It is on point, revealing the slightest bit of the plot and then telling the reader, 'Why don't you find out the rest.' 

Plot:     We usually find such plots based in older times, or in places without much development such that the use of technology in confined. However, the interesting thing that I noticed and commended in your book is that you incorporated modernity into the lives of the people, accepting it as another part. I like the main character and her bond with her sister, something which I admired right from the start. You have cliffhangers, riddles and illusions that mess with the mind of the reader. It's a fascinating read.

Writing:     The part that I love the most. It was flawless. It moved in a flow at a comfortable pace. The characterization was awesome. Through your words, I could really connect to them.

Errors:     I observed a few tense errors where you've switched tenses.I suggest you go through your chapters once again.

Overall:      Do I need to say more? Look at your score. I'd pat you on the back. Amazing work.

+PM US ANY TWO CHAPTERS YOU WANT FOR THE SPECIFIC CHAPTER REVIEW.

+PM US IF YOU WANT A COVER DESIGNED BY US!

+PM US YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS SO THAT WE CAN EMAIL YOU YOUR LABEL.

***********************************************************************************************

RUNNER UP!

Horned Creatures by ABittersweetTragedy

Score: 48/50

BOOK REVIEW

Cover:     The cover matches the story well. However, I think it can be better. The author's name camouflages with the background. Opt for something bolder and appealing.

Description:     This is what I'd call a short and sweet description. Personally, I had no problems with it. Some might find it too short but these are the kind of descriptions I like. It gives us that mystery and reveals so little of the plot that the reader is compelled to read to find out. Great job!

Plot:     It is intriguing. As I read along, it improved with each chapter. You used cliffhangers wisely. It is very creative and original which is hard to find these days. Somehow, even through the initial horrors like the butchered animals etc, the story progressed into something better, something worth the time and thought I put into reading it. 

Writing:     Your writing is wonderful! I honestly couldn't find flaws in your work. Each scene was described very well. The thoughts of the character, their opinions, others around them, were all described so beautifully, that I actually felt as if I was a part of the book and not just reading it. No marks lost here. 

Errors:      One or two I guess. However, those could be discarded off as typos. Nothing major.

Overall:      You've done a great job, hence the almost perfect score. Just keep going and be proud of yourself.

+PM US ANY ONE CHAPTER YOU WANT FOR THE SPECIFIC CHAPTER REVIEW.

+PM US YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS SO THAT WE CAN EMAIL YOU YOUR LABEL.

***********************************************************************************************

SECOND-RUNNER UP!

ILOVEFRIDAY by jalenisms

Score: 45/50

BOOK REVIEW

Cover:     The cover isn't very appealing, I'll say. It can be improved a lot and since you have a thriller book, it can be all dark and a bit scary. Do you get my point?

Description:     I didn't find a problem with the description. You lost no points here. Good job!

Plot:     I really liked your plot. No marks lost. It's really dark and mysterious and very interesting. I managed to read more than I expected. A twisted love story very relevant to the genre. 

Writing:     I couldn't find any major problems. All I felt was that it lacked a bit of flow. A few changes were abrupt. Your changes between paragraphs should be systematic, moving in the same direction but taking a gradual curve. I hope you're getting my point. So you lost a point on that. Other than that, it was fine. 

Errors:     You lost two points here. I found many errors throughout the book that proved to be very distracting. There were also a few tense changes. Spelling checks need to be done. Go through your chapters once and edit them. That'll do fine.

Overall: So your point loss was pretty distributed. Small losses here and there. Just a little work and your book will be great! Congrats!

+PM US YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS SO THAT WE CAN EMAIL YOU YOUR LABEL. 

***********************************************************************************************

Secrets by CosmykDragon (Disqualified as the accounts were unfollowed.)

Reign of Dragons by ANTIQUITIES (Book Deleted.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, that's the first set. Congratulations everyone!

PM us if you haven't received your promised prizes. Winners, your accounts will be followed soon!

Regards, 

I_AmBooked & BoredOfBoring