Me Versus You

Mikey's group was up first. Leo got guitar, LH got the drums and Mikey got the microphone. Dear lord I couldn't wait to see how this would go down. Since Mikey was the singer he got to make the selection of which song they got to do. After a ton of hmming and hahing he finally selected "Standout" from the 'A Goofy Movie'. Nice choice. I love the one that Natewantstobattle did for this particular song. The song started off with LH on the drums and then Leo began strumming on the guitar. Not short after Mikey began singing

Open up your eyes take a look at me
If the picture fits in your memory
I've been dreamin by the rhythm like the beat of a heart
And I won't stop until I start to stand out  

 it was probably one of the funniest vocalizing voices I've ever heard. It was so bad it was cringe worthy. But that's what made it so fun. After a while his voice got better as he got a better feel for the song. He even began doing some rockstar moves and dancing. Suffice to say it was quite the sight to watch.

To stand out
Above the crowd
Even if I gotta shout out loud
'Til mine is the only face you see
Gonna stand out 'til you notice me  

The song got me feeling pumped, wanting to standout and be my own person. It had the energetic feeling ya know? It was contagious. LH seemed to be handling the drums really well. He had quite a lot of trouble at first and didn't really improved until halfway through the song. Leo on the other hand was really rocking that guitar. And damn did it look good. It look like it was meant for him. I bet if he took the time he would be really good with a real guitar and serenading all of the lovely New York women. If he wasn't a turtle that is. He's got great hand and eye coordination and barely misses. Unfortunately the group got a low score which caused Mikey to pout for a second before turning around and taunting our group.

"Bet you can't beat our sick moves" He teased.

"Ha you think those were good moves? And you call yourself a ninja"

"Oh you think you can top the Battle Nexus Champion do ya girlie?"

"You bet your shell I can ya noob. Hand that mic over and let me show you how a real singer rocks and rolls"

What the hell did I just get myself into? I can't sing! Let alone in front of my friends. I mean I want to but...ah hell! Guess I gotta just go for it.

"Um are you guys cool with me having the mic? I know I just kind of jumped on it"

"Yeah go ahead Ace"

"You've got this"

Okay well here goes. I selected one of my other favorite songs, Told You So by Paramore. I thought it would have been a clever song to sing. 

"Ready boys?"

"Aye-aye captain!"

I started off kind of quiet since I wasn't really confident in myself let alone my singing skills. Eventually I got my brain to woman up and just go for it. I wasn't amazing but It felt good to just be able to make my voice audible instead a minuscule squeak. I made my moves flow with the music. Taunting Mikey as my own way of telling him "I told you so".

For all I know
The best is over and the worst is yet to come
Is it enough?
To keep on hoping when the rest have given up?
And they go I hate to, say I told you so
But they love to, say they told me so
I hate to, say I told you so
They love to, say they told me

My group was doing great. Raph was rocking the drums like a pro and Donnie wasn't do so bad on the guitar either. Not as good as Leo but he was still good. I messed up a few notes and got one or two voice cracks due to not getting enough air but in the end we beat our opponents by a couple hundred points.

"Yeah! In your face Mikey!"

"Aw shell! Is there anything you're not good?"

"What you talking about Willis? My singing was not much better than yours. My team carried us all the way"

"I thought your singing was actually pretty good. Much rather listen to you sing than Mikey here"

"Awe thanks Raphie"

" You did a very good job Rowena. The turtles were not wrong when they told me you were talented"

I blushed. The guys thought I was talented? That's...so sweet of them. I couldn't look them in the eye but I could see them rubbing the backs of their necks. 

"So I guess it's your guy's turn"

"Heh yep. Alright mateys let's teach these scalawags how to really rock!"

We spent the next two hours of the night singing, eating, and talking about random stuff. I got to know Leatherhead better too. Like Donnie he was also a genius and was very knowledgeable in various fields. He was going through something, that much was clear. Like I am. I just couldn't pin on what it could be. At some point through our game LH conked out. At first he was lightly snoring but then the sleep-talking began. It started off as inaudible mumbles and then gradually became a little louder with only words such as "get away" and "beast" being the loudest. I started to worry. I had stopped playing Rock Band a while ago and LH and I have been sitting together since then while the boys continued on with the game. 'Seems the poor guy is having a nightmare' I nudged his arm a little. No response. 'Great, a heavy sleeper' I shook him harder this time.

"LH wake up! You're having a nightmare"

Big mistake. The big croc woke up but his eyes were glowing yellow and were glossed over. It was like he wasn't himself anymore.

"Uh-oh"

The big scaly genius grabbed my arm and threw me at one of the pillars. I hit my head hard against the stone surface and just like that I was knocked out, struck out of the ball park.