016: real life

Hope stood against shivering against a wall by the side of the road that she assumed Daniel would be getting her from. She kept looking at her left to see the man standing a few meters away from her, smoking while he gave her a flirtatious glare. Every time he did so, Hope felt sick and she knew that it wasn't because of the alcohol. 

She saw Daniel's range rover pull up by the side of the road and a look of relief fell across her face when he jumped out of and walked over to her. A small smile across his face, "How you doin' sweetheart?"

"Better now." Hope nodded calmly though her voice was still fairly slurred. Daniel placed his hands on her sides as he guided her over to the passenger side of his car and helped her inside. "Thank you, so much." The brunette slurred out, a smile on her face.

Daniel looked back at her giving with a smile before he started driving, "Hope, who were you with tonight and why did they leave?"

The girl rested her head against the window, closing her eyes and rubbing her forehead as a loud sigh escaped her lips. "Some girls I met a few weeks ago, they recognized me from the show." Hope shrugged nonchalantly. "I didn't even have that many drinks and my head is pounding, Daniel."

"You'll be okay, it's all gonna be fine." Daniel trailed off. "I saw on the group chat you think they spiked your drink?" He raised an eyebrow though his attention was kept on the road.

"Look." She puffed out with a hand now rested on the man's shoulder. "Can we just stop the chat about this because I know Nina is gonna kill me tomorrow."

"Fine." He reluctantly agreed. "So back to yours?"

"Please," Hope responded almost like a breath with her hands still pressed against her forehead. "You know, you're my favorite, Daniel."

"Really? And why's that?" 

"Because you drove all the way over here at four in the morning just to come and get me. Not even just that, like you're a lovely guy and I don't even understand how you're single because you're just so fuckin' nice and sweet and you're really hot, like really... I told the girls you were hot but shh." Hope rambled on without noticing the smile appear on his face. 

"Well, Hope, you happen to be my favorite too but if you think I'm going to list why, you are mistaken, sweetheart." Daniel chuckled lightly. 

"But why?" The drunken brunette whined like a child from the passenger seat. "I told you why you were my favorite. Fair is fair!"

"Fine." Gillies puffed back, clearing his throat as he did so. "You're my favorite because you're so sweet and innocent but there's like this side of you that you rarely show and I think it's so endearing. You're my favorite because you don't know how special you are, how beautiful you are and it's like because you don't know it makes you that more so. I don't know, I just am so..." Daniel stopped himself before he could continue. "Oh, look, we're already at your apartment."

The brunette frowned as she grabbed her clutch bag from beside her feet and opened the car door before jumping out, though she had to hold onto the door for support. "Thank you, Daniel." Hope spoke with genuine appreciation.

"You're more than welcome, Hope." Daniel replied, waving her off as she stared to walk over to her apartment.

Daniel grabbed his phone from his pocket and began checking the group chat and all his other messaged. The cast was worried about Hope and wanted to make sure that she got home okay, and he let them know that she was safe and at home thanks to him. He slid his phone back into his pocket and looked to his right to see Hope standing beside his window waiting for him to roll it down, which he did.

"Hope, what are yo-" Before Daniel could finish his sentence, Hope crashed her lips against his without a seconds thought. At first their kiss was small but passionate until it grew into the most intense thing Hope had ever experienced. After a few moments, the pair breathlessly pulled away though they remained eye contact.

"Like I said, you're my favorite." Hope spoke eventually before turning away and finally entering her apartment leaving Daniel lost for words.