Day 8

The day was becoming dark. An eerie feeling drifted through the streets. A lamp post started to flicker as a black cat jumped into a garbage can. All was dark.
   A few candles lit the inside of the West's house. Boxes filled with candy and decorations were scattered throughout the house. It was October 31st and Oliver was trying to find his way through the dark house.
   He felt around so he wouldn't trip on the boxes. A shadow passed by, with a familiar feeling. Oliver slowly turned the corner in suspense.
   "BOO!" Barry jumped out in front of him, holding his vampire cape like bat wings.
   Oliver grabbed his heart, "Not funny, Barry! I thought it was an intruder."
    "Oh, lighten up.." Barry said, flashing a fanged smile.
    "I guess we better get these last minute decorations into the car." Oliver said, wearing a Frankenstein costume.
    "Can you believe it's already the big night? Ever since they told I had to throw the party I was stressing out, but now I'm super excited for it!"
     The monster and vampire got into the car and drove to CCPD.
     Joe was waiting in the entry way. The place was a dark lit purple. He ducked under a cobweb.
     "You really outdid yourself with the party, Bare. Everyone's talking about how great it is."
    "Well, I had some help." Barry said, directing his red eyes over to Oliver.
    "Hard work pays off, I suppose! Anyways, let's enjoy the party!" Oliver replied while taking a peanut butter cup and popping it into his mouth.
   Oliver and Barry enjoyed the party. It came to an end and was time to pack up.
    "So, you technically need to buy me a milkshake since the party went so well."
     "Oh yeah, I forgot about that." Barry said, picking up an apple from the bobbing basket and biting into it with his fangs.
    Oliver looked around and, on this rare occasion, smiled. "This turned out being a pretty fun Halloween, compared to some other ones I've had."
    "Isn't it basically halloween for us everyday? I mean, we dress up in costumes to crime fight..."
    "They... *sigh* they aren't Halloween costumes, Barry."
    "Debatable..." Barry replied.
The moon was shining bright, with a foggy haze over it. The heroes stepped outside.
   Barry caught a chill and wrapped himself in his red lined black cape. Oliver just walked to the car, he doesn't get cold.
    The night turned out being spooky, and spectacular, all thanks to Ollie and Barry.