4.6 Mission in Wei Li Part 6

"There are two reasons I have called you today. One is to protect my Royal Father." His face contorted in pain slightly at the mention of his father. He was so hurt every time he thought of his powerlessness, which made him unable to help his father sooner.

The reason he asked for them to protect his father was because the real issue was not whether or not his father lived, it was how long it would take for others to find out about his father's condition.

If others found out, they would surely try and kill his father, all in the name of power. Tragically if their father died, he would not be alone because he and his sister would certainly be next on the list. If he could only have some more time, he would be able to solidify his position and ensure that no one will be able to take either his life or the life of his sister without having to lose half a life.

"The Emperor?" Ai Li Sha looked at the Prince with a pensive look. That would be a difficult mission indeed. This was not just some small fry but rather a man at the pinnacle of this ancient world!

"Alright. Where is he?" Ai Li Sha wanted to get on with the matter as quickly as possible. If everything went well, she would be proving herself to Master Lu and he would have to let her do what she wanted in the future.

"Child." Grand Master Xi finally intervened. Ai Li Sha was not being careful enough for his taste.

Ai Li Sha looked at him for a moment and then figured out why he had stopped her. "What is the second reason then?"

Prince Oji looked slightly embarrassed at the question. "The second reason is because we want you to find...well I think you should see my Imperial Father before I answer that. Then it will make more sense." He turned around and walked for a few minutes toward a very secluded area. Ai Li Sha and Grand Master Xi followed without another word.

"My Royal Father is currently resting in the cabin behind us." He then led them to the cabin and knocked twice and then paused and nocked again three times.

Ai Li Sha looked on at this sight with furrowed eyebrows. What kind of emperor lived behind his lavish palace inside a tiny cabin barely noticeable within the gardens?

The door slowly opened a tiny wedge. A person's bloodshot eye looked out from a small crack. After the person saw the Prince they stepped back and opened the door further, but only enough for a single person to get through at a time.

Reina Gongzhu silently closed the door after the three entered.

Knowing that this must be Grand Master Xi she immediately kneeled in front of him.

For the first time in her live Ai Li Sha saw someone perform the fabled kowtow.

Ai Li Sha was not fond of these traditions. Only when there was true respect should someone lower their head before another. Ai Li Sha silently mocked this girl with her eyes, the girl had, in her opinion, no backbone. The girl didn't even know who they were, yet she was already knocking her head on the floor.

Grand Master Xi had no idea who this girl bowing in front of him was, so he paid her no mind.

"Sister, quickly stand. You will embarrass Grand Master Xi. He is here out of concern for father, you need not go this far." Having said so Prince Oji helped his sister stand up.

Ai Li Sha almost laughed after she heard what the Prince said.

She had never seen her master embarrassed before, that would surely be a sight she would pay top dollar to see!

"Thank you. Thank you for coming!" As soon as she heard her brother's words Reina Gongzhu immediately burst out into tears while still holding on to him tightly. She and her brother had been at their wits end, here finally was that ray of hope she had been thirsting for.