chapter 1

Mom: Tessa come on we're going to be late..

I dressed myself nicely in this dress

It was the perfect dress. I had to dress nicely because our family was working out some deal with the Sutton family. They were some very scary people. They're son Chance was known in the mafia world as someone you really do not want to mess with..

Dad: Tessa the car is here. Please be on your best behavior

Tessa: yes father.

*at the Sutton mansion

Jackie Sutton: Hi welcome

My mom and Mrs. Sutton hugged and Mr. Sutton came out and did a brief handshake with his father. We all sat down for dinner when I hear the front door open and close. I turn to see who it is and it's the one and only Chance Sutton with a blonde slut on his arm. He looked clueless at first on why there were people and then after a second he smacked his head and made the blonde girl leave. Chance was also known as a notorious playboy.

Jackie [Chance's mom]: Honey why don't you go freshen up a little and then join us and the Brooks

Chance just nods and heads upstairs while we all do small talk. I wonder why we're even here. All my dad said was that it was for a business deal. I still don't know why I'm here though. I hear footsteps shuffling and then approaches a Chance Sutton who comes and sits next to me.

Tessa: Hi I'm Tessa

Chance: uh hey I'm ch-

His dad interrupts him by saying he has some news

Thad [Chance's dad] : We will be uniting forces to face off the Paul's and Costellers.

Our moms start clapping and I do a slow clap and I see out of the corner of my eye Chance looking a tad nervous and frusterated.

Dad [Tessa's] Okay so the marriage shall be in 3 months

DID he just say marriage?

"Wait what?! Who said anything about marriage? " I said slightly angered

"Yes dear, we need a trust that can't be broken and that's through marriage. " my father said not even considering my say in this

"What about TRISTAN?" I slightly yelled because they knew I loved Tristan.

"Sorry dear but you'll have to break up with him." my mother said like 1 year in a relationship didn't even matter.

I excused myself to the bathroom and just cried a little. My life was ruined. I loved Tristan and now this Chance guy is marrying me. Ugh I hate this I hate everything. All of a sudden I hear a knock on the door. I open it slightly just to see who it is. Just to my dismay its Chance.

Chance: uh hey? Can you come back to dinner everyone is asking. By the way your parents wanted me to tell you that you'll be staying here tonight.

I give him a cold stare and shut the door. What an ass he didn't even ask if I was fine. Its like he was okay with all this..