1. Willa

"Willa!" I groan at the sound of Chloe's high-strung, whiney voice. "Willa, where the hell are my Jimmy Choos?!"

How would I know? "Did you check your shoe closet?" I call back.

"Of course I checked my fricking shoe closet! What kind of ignorant freak do you think I am?!" She almost screams back.

"Was that a rhetorical question?" I questioned my already on-edge step-sister.

"You know what, Willa? I don't need your sarcasm, and I don't need you. You're a f-ing waste of space." Her words, her voice makes anger swell in my chest. I say nothing back. She gives up on me and stomps through the house in search of her real, blood sister, Mackenna. "Mackenna, lemme borrow your Choos!"

Mackenna calls back, hesitantly. "Well, I mean I would, Chloe, but I was going to wear them tonight and-"

"Kenz! Give me the f-ing shoes!" Chloe demands. I knew Mackenna wouldn't stand a chance with those shoes.

That's just how things work around here, from what I've seen in the last three weeks. Chloe would run around screaming about whatever problem she was facing at that moment until Mackenna or I solved it for her.

Mom and Christoff (Mackenna and Chloe's dad) are still on their honeymoon in Rio. I like Christoff. He's funny and considerate and makes my mom happy. He's really big in the fashion industry so he's super rich, has a huge house, and gets his entire family (including my mom and I) invited to all of these A-List parties. The only downside were his daughters.

"Guys! Dad and Jenna-" (my mom) "- are Skyping us!" Mackenna calls excitedly from somewhere downstairs. "Hey dad, hey Jenna! Guys, come down to the Rec Room!"

I tumble down the stairs. I miss my mom more than words, and I need to see her. My heart swells when I see her smiling face on the oversized TV screen. "Mom!" I breathe.

"Willa! Hun, how you doing? Make any friends in L.A.? Go to any of those parties Christoff got you girls on the list for?" God, I missed her voice. I could listen to her talk on for hours.

I want to tell her how miserable I am, beg her to find the next flight out from Rio and hold me and tell me stories about the crazy clients she's had at her photography studio. But as I look into her awaiting eyes, I can't pop the perfect bubble her life is at this moment in time. So I do what everybody does to keep a smile on the face of someone they love. I lie. "Oh, mom I'm loving L.A.! I haven't made any friends yet but for right now I'm just taking in the city, it's so big and beautiful and full of life and amazing energy."

Chloe snorts, but my mom doesn't notice. "Oh, honey that's great. But I still encourage you to make some friends, they make life much more enjoyable. Have you gone to any of those fun parties Chloe and Mackenna keep texting Chris about?" She asks again.

"Well, no, but-"

"Oh, honey why not? They look so delightful!" She exclaims.

"You should come to the Jepson's party with us tonight, Willa." Mackenna offers politely.

"I don't know..." I start.

Mom won't give up on the party thing, though. "Honey, come on. It's the summer before your first year of college, you should be out in the world celebrating your new life as an adult!"

"But no drinking, ladies." Christoff says sternly. "That's an order."

"Yes sir." I salute him and he laughs. "Alright, fine I'll go to this one party."

Chloe moans. "Ugh, fine, she's going. Now, can you please stop hogging them? This isn't the Willa show." She whines bluntly, obviously used to being the center of attention.

"Hey Chloe dear! What's going on in your fantabulous life?" Christoff asks whole-heartedly.

"Well, daddy..." Chloe goes off on a whole monologue of her oh so horrible life, being comforted by her father's warm heart and my mother's kind word. As if Chloe DeLawernce, the girl with everything, needed to be comforted.

Mackenna sits on the couch, saying nothing. I feel bad for her, forever Chloe's shadow, never getting to shine. But she did seem content just seeing her father's face and hearing his voice again, so I say nothing.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

CAST:

• Willa Ordee - Mia Wasikowska

• Mackenna DeLawrence - Crystal Reed

• Chloe DeLawrence - Alice Greczyn

• Matthew Lawson - Jensen Ackles

• Marco Clarke - Ian Harding

• Penelope (Penny) Jepson - Holland Roden

• Ryanna (Bo) McSwain - Sevyn Streeter

• Christoff DeLawrence - Rob Lowe

• Jenna Ordee-DeLawrence - Embeth Davidtz

Willa on the side ->