The Hunt

Keith's POV:

I made my way to my room and collapsed on my bed. My muscles were sore from today's training. I lift my head up and glance at the picture frame on my desk. It was a photo of my family. I sighed and walked to my bathroom. After peeling off my sweaty clothes, I stepped in the shower, washing away all the dirt and grime from training. I thought to myself, "Tomorrow is the day.  The day I can finally get a start on those monsters."

I finished getting dressed, I went to the kitchen and ate whatever I could find- leftover pizza. Yum. My hands were slightly shaking and I couldn't stop thinking about tomorrow. I brushed it off and I went to sleep.

Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I shut it off and went to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror. Yikes! You'd think after six hours of sleep I would look better. Purple whirlpools under my eyes and an untamed mess on my head were only a few of the signs that showed my tiredness.

I completed my morning routine, got dressed, and ate breakfast. I looked in the mirror one last time and switched to my galra appearance. Okay, I look semi-decent. Time to go.

I got in my car with all of my gear: tools, weapons, nets, darts, and more. Today is the day. I repeat again- like a mantra. My trip will take 2-3 hours to get there. I blast some music and begin my journey.

The only thing I could think about was my family. My parents were killed by mermaids-right in front of my eyes. They fought as much as they could. I couldn't do anything about it. I was so weak, but that was a decade ago. This time I'm prepared. And I will hunt every last one of them.

After a few hours, I finally made it to the city of Atlantis. I checked in at a hotel and began some research. Many different creatures live here in Atlantis. This includes galrans, sea creatures, centaurs, fairies, shapeshifters, Alteans, wolves, and much more. There were a total of 168 bodies of water, small and large. However, my target was the spirit cove. The spirit cove had over 300 members. This includes the two mermaids that killed my parents.

I researched for a few more hours. Then, I went to scope out the place.