The Beautiful One

Lance POV:

I finished up the last of chores. I made sure everything was as clean and neat as they could be. Then, I swam to my room. I'm a mermaid prince. Okay... well not really. Being a slave to your "family" doesn't actually make you a prince. I live in the spirit cove. It's a huge body of water with over 300 members, including the royal family. Being in the royal family means you shut up, follow directions, and keep your head down. Or at least for me.

The royal family consists of my father (the king), my stepmother (the queen), my step brothers (the princes), and me (also a prince). As generations before, the new king is the eldest son of the previous king. Unfortunately, although I'm the eldest, my stepbrother, Onyx will be crowned king.

I guess that's one of the reasons I despise them. I dismiss those feelings and go to sleep.

I woke up ready to begin my day. I felt slightly weird today, but whatever. I have things to do. I put on my jewelry and brush my hair. I helped the maids with breakfast and then went to my sanctuary. My sanctuary was a small part of a beach I found, far away enough so I can get peace.

I sat on the sand and found parts of seashells. The first shell I found was red. I was making a bracelet. All of a sudden I hear a noise, then some muttering.

"Is someone there?", I said shakily.

I hear more muttering. I take out my dagger silently, ready to attack.

"Listen, um I need some help.", said a rough voice. I liked this voice
"Okay, one minute", I told the person. I stashed the dagger away.

I've never seen anyone on this part of the beach  before but this person needs help. I crawl my way up the sand, being careful with my tail. I scooted to the tree with a leg next to it. Oh no they lost their leg, I thought.

I scooter further and found that the leg was connected to its owner. Phew, all limbs are secured. I look up to the person's face.
Holy hell! He was a mess! He could use a face mask once in a while. He had dark circles but his purple skin blended with them. He was beautiful though. But oh my, that hair needed help. I snapped out of it and began to assist him.

"Is everything okay?", I said. He just stared at me. Okay then??

"I kinda tripped and cut my foot on a tree branch. Can you um help me?", he asked.

"Yeah, of course!", I smiled and began assisting him.