The Dungeons

Lance's POV:
I dived into the water. I was late. I should have finished the rest of the cleaning. I swam as fast as I could. I didn't want to get punished again. I finally made it to the castle and slipped in through the back door. It took me an hour or so to finish my chores. Phew! I finished before anyone came back. All of a sudden I heard muttering. Oh no, here it comes.

"Where have you been?! What did I tell you about getting your chores done?" my stepmother said.

I was afraid. The last time I talked back to her she put me in a cell room for 2 days. Who does that? Oh yeah, crazy people like her. But, since I hate the hag I had to say something. She thinks she can tell me- out all people, what to do??

"I was out. Why can't your perfect sons complete the chores?" I said. Okay, that might have been too far. Oh man, I'm in trouble. Her eyes opened wide and she struck me. Who slaps people? Once again, crazy people! I bring my hand to my face. Damn, that stung, but I kept my head high.

"They are princes and don't need to clean. However, being the servant of this royal family means you must do whatever we say. Do I make myself clear?" she said.

"Unfortunately, you don't. Your face looks extra hideous today stepmother. Instead of Agatha, your name should be HAGatha." I said. I started laughing. Omg that was good. The name suited her well. She wasn't laughing.

"Kyle! Come here at once!" now I'm in trouble. She called my dad. I hope I don't die today haha. I really need to stop joking. He swam towards us.

"Lance did not complete his chores on time. Also, he talked back to me and called me names. And he pushed me. His mother. He pushed his mother!" she said.

"Okay, first of all, you're not my mother. Second, you actually look like a hag. Mirrors don't lie! Third, why would I want to put my hands on a filthy hag like you?" I told her.

Then, my dad cleared his throat and sighed.

"Lance, you're done for today. I am sick of your disgusting behavior. You need to learn respect and clear your head. No more goofing around. You're going to the dungeons for 12 weeks to learn some self- control," he said.

12 weeks?! He's out of his mind! I didn't even do anything! What the Hell??? Who crapped in his cornflakes?!

"But, dad-" I said.

"NOW LANCE!" I sighed and swam to the dungeons. The guards locked me in the cell with no windows or light. I hated small spaces.

Tears pricked my eyes. I'll never be able to leave. I hate them! I hate them so much! I wish mom was here. She wouldn't have done this to me.