Part IV

You

As I opened my eyes the face of Brendon still was in my mind. There was only one scene that I remembered of the dream that played in my head this night. It was Brendon coming through my window at home smiling widely at me. That was it. The harder I tried to remember the more faded away. The whole scenery just mixed together until the only thing I saw was the room I was staying in now. I just stared at my window for some minutes seeing the darkness outside being pushed aside by the reflected sunlight from the moon. I didn't want to move. I didn't want to do anything to be exact. Why was I even still alive? I would've deserved to die. It was probably my fate to die there but I pushed it aside because my childish ass needed to get my mother. I sighed. I was really good for nothing, huh?

My train of thought was interrupted by a soft knock. At first my mind went to think it as maybe from Pete's room and he heard me yesterday. But of course it wasn't. It was at my door. I shouldn't expect such behaviour from Pete. I may knew him for a very short period of time but it didn't need a therapist to figure out that Pete wasn't someone who would do something like that.

I got up walking towards the door opening it a bit to see who was standing there. Andy's face appeared in front of my room with a kind smile. He pushed his glasses up before speaking up. "We all thought it would be best to start training you today. In case something is in front of your window again.", he explained kindly and I nodded. He turned around heading to the living area as I closed the door to change onto the best sport attire I had. Which consisted of sweatpants that were never used for real exercise before and a hoodie. Also never used for something other than having a relaxed day at home. I figured that I wouldn't need shoes so I skipped that part and went into the living room area nearly bumping into Pete who was just leaving his room as well looking even more tired than yesterday. He stared at me for some seconds with a look that I couldn't quite interpret but I figured wasn't a good sign. Then he turned around also walking into the living area heading straight to the kitchen area hurriedly.

I made my way to where Andy was waiting and followed him down into the basement for he said there was the training area. I didn't felt safe at all walking down the dark staircase into the 'training area' maybe I was right all along and I was kept hostage here and now that they had most of my trust they would lock me up in the basement. I was proven wrong when we entered the training area and there was no way of locking me up at all. There were some shoot/throw aims, some weightlifting machines and a place just with mats on the floor. Probably for practicing fighting techniques. And a big closet hidden under the stairs.

That was were Andy went first grabbing some stakes handing them to me. "Try throwing them, like this.", he said showing me how to move my body correctly. I stared at the wooden thing in my hand and then at the aim. I was so bad in sports. That would be extremely embarrassing now. But oh well. And with that thought I threw it. Of course missing. I sighed already giving up on that whole training thing but Andy gave me the next one and I tried again and again until he was out of stakes and three out of about fifteen actually hit. I was kind of proud at myself that at least some hit.

We began collecting the stakes for me to try again. "You know, you form is actually pretty good. You just need some practice.", Andy tried to cheer me up. I just nodded again. He crowned and sighed lightly probably because of my lack of conversation. It wasn't because of him. I liked him. He was nice from what I could tell. I just didn't want to talk really. Not after I got all these news.

After about three new tries with me hitting between 3 and 6 times every round Andy began to put the wooden stakes back into the wardrobe closing it. Then he began giving me some weights testing on how much I could already lift. I didn't even want him to tell me the number so I just shook my head when he was about to speak up as he put the weights on it. Luckily he understood. After some failing weightlifting I was already panting pretty hard. When Andy was about to go on to my suffering I heard steps coming down the staircase. Pete was running down the stairs heading right to the wardrobe beginning to throw stakes at the aim always hitting centimetres next to the heart. I felt kind of sorry for him for he started to grow more and more upset about it holding his head in his hands after nearly every third throw.