Part VII

You

After the incident we didn't move for some minutes. He just held me close making me feel secure like nothing could harm me anymore. That still didn't stop my tears from spilling. It made them even worse. But I just was so emotionally confused that I just didn't know what to do anymore besides crying. Reality was fucking cruel taking my memories and my mother from me. Making sure I can trust no body. Confusing me by thinking I could trust people. But by now I didn't care anymore about the fact that Pete was a vampire and attacked me a few days ago. I knew he didn't mean too. It wasn't his intend at all. He was hungry and my kind just happens to be on the menu. I wa at the wrong place at the wrong time. And Patrick found a way to make a new mixture. Also Pete just saved me although I probably hurt him a lot with the last thing I said into his face before I left. I just didn't know who to trust anymore. I just wanted to be safe and myself was the only person I could trust. Or so I thought. But in reality I could trust myself the least. I mean I got myself into all this. I just couldn't give anyone but myself the fault.

" We have to get back. It's not safe.", Pete said with a soft voice while retreating his arms from around me. I nodded slowly letting go of him now slightly embarrassed as I saw the tear stains on his shirt. He stood up first holding a hand out for me to pull myself up. I nodded mumbling another 'thank you' as I let him help me up. Standing I realized that my legs wouldn't want to hold my weight anymore. I stumbled around so I wouldn't fall eventually leaning on the nearest tree trying to get the muscles in my legs work properly. "Do you need help?", Pete's husky voice asked carefully while he came closer to me already holding his arm out for me to hold onto. I shook my head and pushed myself off the tree. He already did enough for me. I needed to do some thing by myself. He didn't look too convinced as a worried look on his face followed my weak movements. I just stumbled out of the part using gravity as my bodyweight dragged me forward, catching myself with my feet to keep myself from faceplanting. It looked and felt ridiculous but it worked. At least for some part of the way. It was incredible exhausting to drag my legs in front of my body all the time. And one fatal time my leg wasn't fast enough to keep me from following gravity. I saw the floor getting closer and closer to my face until my shoulders were pushed back up and I was turned around. My head fell against Pete's shoulder and I just leaned against him for some seconds before I pushed myself back onto my own feet. "Please let me help.", he whispered out his hands still on my shoulders. I hated to admit it but his hands where the only things keeping me from losing my balance right now. "Please.", his voice cut through the silence of me thinking. My eyes were pinned to the ground for the whole time until he spoke up this second time. I looked him straight into his eyes for a few seconds. He looked legitimate concerned about me. My head made a nodding motion and as soon as I did this he placed one of his arms under my shoulders and one of mine over his holding my weight up with ease. I guess that was one good thing about being a supernatural being.
I nearly jumped as he spoke up again. " Yea, that's pretty convenient." I looked at him mildly surprised. I forgot that he could read minds. "Could you stop looking inside my head please?", I asked looking back to the floor and I heard him huff. No it wasn't a huff. It was a short little giggle. I looked at him with wide eyes. "What?", he asked raising one eyebrow. "You... you just giggled.", I stated still in slight shock. He frowned for a second. "And?" I looked down in embarrassment. "Well, I don't know... I assumed you wouldn't... giggle...", I admitted. I could imagine Pete in many scenarios. Giggling just wasn't one of them. Or laughing in general for a fact. "I can be happy too!", he stated now with a fake offended tone in his voice. I looked up at him again and saw him pouting. "You're mean..." He broke out into a grin after saying that. I just couldn't help by mirror his actions. It was great seeing him being happy for once. I didn't think I would ever live long enough to see it honestly. He just seemed so grumpy all the time. No matter what. But to be fair. I probably would be the same. "You're smiling.", he stated while grinning even wider, revealing his fangs but I didn't mind that anymore. To be honest I think it was fitting. It just looked good, what else can I say. "What do you mean by That?", I asked slightly confused frowning. "No, don't stop. I just realized that since we know each other you never smiled. And that's over a week now.", he explained smiling. He was right. I didn't smile at all the past week. But honestly I didn't really had a reason to smile, had I? No. I looked down. "I guess.", I mumbled and then it was silent again between us. My mind went down that dark hole again Pete fished me out from a few minutes ago. And it seemed like he knew that. Of course he did. He could just listen to what is going on inside my head.