Part V

You

The next few days I didn't leave my room if I didn't had to. The guys tried to convince me to train a bit promising me that Pete was in his room but after they saw that I even try hitting anything they figured to leave me be thankfully. Every once in a while someone would come to bring me food or just generally check on me. Patrick told me that Pete attacked me only because the mixture he drinks to prevent his need for blood wasn't working anymore how it's supposed to do but he was working on another method. But honestly that wasn't the thing that occupied my mind. It was what Brendon had told me. The fact that my whole life could be a lie and my mother never told me. Maybe she wasn't even my real mother. I grabbed onto the fabric of the covers as I sat on my bed staring towards the window. Every time when the night came to an end I heard one soft knock from the other side of the wall. I repeated in my head that nothing was his fault as I figured that he probably felt guilty for what had happened. But by know I was almost thankful for I knew at least part of the truth now.

My eyes focused on the little red gem in my hand. The rising sun threw red shadows on my hand as the light broke itself in the ruby. He said he would return. But he probably wouldn't come here. Should I go out? No, there was no use. The sun was up. He wouldn't be awake or be outside for a fact. Although going for a walk without being in danger just like a normal human. Like it was before sounded like a good idea. I shushed my thoughts to hear for any no use in the house to be sure all the others were either sleeping or at least in their rooms. No sounds. Good. I quickly changed into normal clothes and sneaked out. The house looked so big with no or in it but at the same time it seems so peaceful. Like a normal house. No evidence for a supernatural being or those who hunt them.

I headed out and the cold air hit my skin but that chilly feeling was removed as soon as the sun danced on my skin. I breathed in the fresh air. I hadn't been outside in about five days and hadn't bothered opening my window either. I just walked down the road this time watching where I was going. I didn't want to get lost again. The streets were busy with cars. Probably people driving to work. Some people were actually running in neon sport attire and some were just walking with hurriedly steps. A few had headphones and I envied them. My phone wasn't able to play music. It only was there for communication and I left my record player in my old house along with all CD's. Sighing I let my eyes retreat itself from the person's. I arrived at the park again and decided to go get familiar with it. It was empty but I was sure that it would be filled with children and their parents. I didn't plan on sticking around for that though.

The part was small but actually really pretty. The golden light of the sun warmed the floor and a slight breeze brushed the leaves around. I walked to the spot I saw Brendon for the first time yesterday. Where I didn't know it was him and stopped when I arrived. I had no reason to stop. There was nothing to see really. Just a normal path in a back with trees left and right. But something in me wanted to take it in. I stood there for a while just watching the trees move. It was calming. It reminded me at the times I was just walking through a park before all that happened. But who knows if I really did or if I just think I did. Who knows if someone just made me think I liked to do that but I never did.

I turned around and decided to walk back towards the house. The streets were getting emptier. I assumed it everyone was at work or school by now. My feet carried me back inside the house and only now I realised how thick the air inside was. Not just in my room. I decided to open the windows for a while. When that was don't I stood clueless in front of the closed doors of the rooms were the guys should be sleeping in. Their room could probably use some fresh air too. I stopped in front of Joe's room listening close for any sounds that would indicate   him being awake but I only heard soft snores. Carefully I opened the door and sneaked inside opening the window a bit. Joe was sleeping deep and his room was less messy than I would've imagined. Still the air was thick and contained only a small amount of oxygen making it hard to breath. I repeated that procedure with all the other rooms except for Pete's. I stood in front of his door for a while pondering if I should go inside. I wasn't mad at him like he maybe thought but I was afraid now. There was no denying that. I tried not to think about it or make it look like that to the others and just stayed inside my room but fact is I was freaking scared for life as he attacked me and I don't know if I can just shrugg that feeling off. Still curiosity of how his room looked like and the knowing that he wouldn't be awake made me open the door carefully.