Sokeefe

(Shoutout to A_graceful_soul)

Keefe was talking to Fitz. However, he wasn't paying as much attention as normal, as he was preoccupied. What was he preoccupied with? His crush. Sophie. Sophie Foster. He was pretty sure she didn't like him the same way, he was fairly certain she liked Fitz. Unfortunately, he and Fitz had talked about it, and Fitz didn't like her. Keefe hadn't told Sophie yet, he didn't want to be the one to hurt her. He decided to leave it to Fitz. (He's nice that way.) He decided he would wait, bide his time. Be patient. Wait for her and Fitz to talk. Keefe figured that after Sophie had mended, he would make his move. He was suspicious it was slightly rash, but, girls like rashness, right? 

He had told Biana, he figured she would be able to help him, but when he told her he liked Sophie, Biana looked on the verge of tears. Keefe had been confused, but didn't dwell on it. He went to Linh next. He had told her too, and she promised to help him. He was grateful, but he was suspicious that she only agreed because she wanted Fitz. 

~*~*~

It was a few days later, and Sophie came running out of nowhere. She was crying. He was about to crack a joke, but she just cried harder. Keefe asked her what was wrong. He already knew, but he wanted to be polite. (PFFTT *hysterical laughter*) She dragged him into an empty classroom, and started explaining what Keefe already knew. About how she had finally confessed to Fitz her feelings, and he had rejected her. She kept crying, and Keefe decided to step up and try to comfort her. She stopped crying and gave him a hug, still sniffling. His chest swelled, and he hugged her back. They stayed like that for a while, until he realized she was asleep. He lightleaped her into her room and tucked her in. Keefe looked at her for a couple more seconds, and then lightleaped away before Grady could catch him. 

~*~*~

The next day, he saw Sophie again, and she thanked him. Keefe thought she was blushing, but it was probably simply wishful thinking. But then she turned her face up to him, and he could see her brown eyes, with tiny golden flecks in them, bright pink cheeks, and then, she leaned forward.