9. Sky high

A/N

*WARNING*

This chapter does contain more of a mature theme and scenes so please be mindful while reading

Amery~

I was staring out into the beautiful lake and the cold winter breeze flowing past. I shuddered from the cool wind. I looked up to the sky and it was dark. The only light source here was the terrible light post next to me and the natural light of the moon gleaming down. Here there weren't many visible stars due to the light pollution of the city.

After gazing out into the lake for a while I went back to Montana's house. I'm moving out, I don't exactly have a place to stay yet but I need to leave. I can't keep bringing their family into my problems so its for the best if I go.

I have the money I just don't know where to go yet. But I need to go.

I hadn't realized how late it was, I just lost track of time by being out here. Peaceful and relaxed I was feeling, I pulled out my new phone and checked the time. It read 11:00pm.

Scared of getting in trouble I ran back to Montana's house as quick as my feet could carry me. By the time I reached the doorstep. Sweat beads built up on my forehead and I was panting roughly.

I arrive back at Montana's house and her and her family were all seated in the living room with worried looks on their faces. I saw that Montana's mother was biting her nails and her father looked distressed. Montana was tapping her foot impatiently. Curious, I shut the door behind me to see all eyes facing me.

I walked slowly and cautiously towards them and smile. I saw Montana's mother Grace, with a disappointed look on her face. "What's going on?" I asked in a polite voice slightly scared of the answer.

"Where have you been Amery?" I heard Montana say in a more harsh tone.

"I was out, thinking" trying to sound as calm as possible.

"Well we have bee worried sick! Its past 10pm Amery! Did you know that?" Grace's voice was more brutal.

"I know, I'm sorry. I should've called" I walked upstairs upset with myself. I honestly lost track of time being at the lookout. I was too captivated by its beauty and indulged in my thoughts.

I went into my temporary room and hurriedly packed my things into a small bag and walked downstairs. Montana and her family spun their heads around and all their eyes brows rose up.

"Where are you going Amery?" Montana's dad, Jason asked in a concerned voice.

"Thank you so much for letting me stay here, I really appreciate it but I think its time for me to go now. Thank you"

"No Amery you can't go yet! Where will you stay? Just stay here until graduation, its no hassle." The strains in Montana's voice made me want to burst out into tears and accept her offer. But I can't keep pulling everyone into my problems and drowning them in my tears anymore. I can't keep staying somewhere that has reminisces of the past.

Its just all too painful to continue living somewhere that doesn't bring me joy or the future. It just keeps bringing memories that bear too much to handle.

"No, I need to go. I really appreciate everything you have done for me but I can't stay anymore" I tried to keep my tone as calm as possible and my breathing at a steady pace.

"Amery, its been a pleasure having you here. If you insist on leaving then we can't do anything about it" Grace's voice was calm and relaxed. This gave me a warm feeling letting me know that she did care about me.