The Scale Pattern

I got up the next morning, and I was starving. My dress was in pieces, and all I had left to wear was a pair of jeans and an aqua, purple, and pink shirt that I had tried to tie-dye. I slipped that on, and put some money into my pocket to buy new clothes. I slipped flip-flops on, and changed form. I let some of the water in, and started swimming.

"There should be a beach nearby." I told myself.

My tail was the same colors as the tie-dye top. I had always based the colors I wore on those three colors.

I swam until I could see the ground. When I heard waves crashing, I parted the water around me and changed back into my human form. I walked up the beach, the water parting before I took each step. I was lucky that it was only sunrise, and nobody was there to see me.

"Time to get something to eat." I mumbled.

When I passed through the streets, I thought people stared because of my wet hair and highlights. When I looked down, I saw what they were really looking at. There were holes in my jeans, and they revealed my scale pattern.

"She's a mutant!"

"Call the Avengers! She could be dangerous!"

The people stepped away as I walked past, like I was a disease. It's weird how people will discriminate you over something you can't control. Before I knew it, a Quinjet flew over my head.

"That's her!" A mother clutching her child yelled to the Avengers, and she was pointing at me.

A small crowd formed around them, and I slipped into it.

"Where is the mutant?" Captain America asked.

The crowd dispersed around me, and I looked up.

"You." He said, as his colleague grabbed my hands and pulled them behind my back. Before they could react, a wave washed over the street. It passed the civilians and knocked the Avengers back.

"Why didn't she attack us?"

"She only aimed for the people who tried to take her."

I used the water to throw the Avengers into the nearby buildings. The people stared in shock.

"Run! I don't want to hurt any of you!" I cried.

"How can we fight something our weapons go through!" Cap yelled.

I made the water more concentrated. I saw him reach for a dart, so I shoved his hand down.

"You have a choice. You can either stay up here until I use my powers too much and pass out, or you could leave me alone." I told them.

Cap had the dart in his hand, and he dropped it to Hawkeye. He shot it, but I surrounded myself in the water, letting the Avengers go. The dart was inches from my face, completely submerged. I shot it back at them, but I chose to miss. When I had thrown it, the edge pricked my finger.

"She could've hit us!"

"She could've killed us!"

"She's only a child. You are saw the file, she's seventeen, which means she's still a minor."

"We can't let her go because she's a child. Fury has wanted her for years."

By now, I was getting really tired. I struggled to reach the beach, and my tail was forming slower than usual. I could hear them behind me.

"We aren't done yet."

"Come with us, and you don't have to live in fear."

"Trust us."

I dove in, trying to stay awake. Whatever was in that dart must've been strong, because I was barely awake. I started floating on the water. I knew I couldn't stay under and fall asleep. The last thing I saw was the Quinjet hover over me.