║chapter twenty two║

Stefan POV:

Throughout practice I couldn't help but look at Elena. She was finally mine again.

"Hey Stefan!" Tyler called as he shook my shoulder. "You good bro?" he laughed. I was brought out of my trance of thinking about Elena. "Yeah I'm good" I responded as ran off. God, keeping our relationship a secret is really hard. I just want to know what Elena's plan is and when we can tell people we're dating again.

Bonnie POV:

Something is definitely different about Elena. She's my best friend. Of course I would notice things about her. I looked over in her direction to see her smile bigger, her eyes brighter, and he hand holding her...stomach?

It wasn't like she was sick, but more like she was lovely holding it. Could she be? No. She couldn't. Or could she...

After practice was over everyone went to the locker room. "Elena?" I called from the other side of the room. "Yeah?" she responded. "Do you want to go dress shopping for the decade dance tomorrow?" I asked. "Of course!" she exclaimed.

We got into my car and drove to the mall. It was a 50s/60s themed decade dance. As we walked to the vintage store that everyone went to go get decade dance dresses, I decided to ask her more about her sudden change in mood.

"I know I already asked you this, but seriously, what happened to you?" I asked. "I already told you, nothing" she responded plainly. "I don't believe you. Elena, I'm your best friend. I can tell when you are telling me bullshit. Something obviously happened to change you into the person you were back when you were dating Stefan" I stated. Her face suddenly looked panicked. "You're dating him again aren't you?" I raised my eyebrows. She stayed silent for a second before nodding her head with a smile on her face. "Oh my god! But how?! He cheated on you!" I exclaimed. "Caroline and Matt set it all up! They framed us into thinking that we cheated on each other!" she responded. "Oh, I'm so happy for you guys!" I squealed. "Thank you! But you can't tell anyone! It's a secret until tomorrow night" she warned.

"So I guess that means I can't tell anyone you're pregnant either?"

Stefan POV:

I finished practice and check my phone to see a text from Elena saying that she was going to the mall with Bonnie. I texted Damon to give me a ride back to the house.

His camero pulled up to the front of the school and I got in. "Where's Elena?" he asked. "The mall with Bonnie" I responded. He nodded and drove off.

"Did you find anyone to go to the dance with?" I asked. "Nope. I don't want to either" Damon stated. I raised my eyebrows in confusion. Damon not wanting to find a girl? That's a first. He saw my confused and continued, "With you and Elena just getting back together, and the baby on the way, I can't be distracted. When you and Elena we broken up I made a promise to her that I would always be there for her no matter what. I intend to keep that promise because she is my best friend."

Elena POV:

My eyes widened and my heart started to race. "What do you mean?" I asked, trying to keep my cool and act like I really had no idea what she was talking about. Bonnie raised her eyebrows. "Oh, you really didn't think I could tell? I'm your best friend Elena. Of course I know that you're pregnant!" she exclaimed. I smiled as she hugged me. I buried my face in her shoulder. I hadn't spent this much time with Bonnie in forever. I missed her.

We arrived to the vintage store and looked around. After trying on many, many, many dresses. I decided on this one.

Bonnie decided on this one

We walked out of the store and went to the food court to get dinner

We walked out of the store and went to the food court to get dinner. I quickly texted Stefan to let him know that I was getting dinner with Bonnie.

We went to Subway and got sandwiches. As we ate our food Bonnie asked me questions about my pregnancy.

"So you won't be able to drink alcohol?"
"Do you get mood swings?"
"Can you feel it in you?"
"Do you know the gender yet?"
"Wait. It is Stefan's baby right?!"

Caroline POV:

I was so excited for the decade dance. Stefan and I would finally be an official public relationship. I had already told everyone that we are going together and they are all really excited. I had already picked out my dress and decided how I wanted us to enter. Though there is a part I'm most excited for.

Elena's face when she sees that I have taken her perfect life away from her.