E307

It was cold.
It was depressing.
It was soul crushing.
It wasn't a place for me.

Locked in a cage like an animal too dangerous for mankind to see.
Shackled down like a monster who deserves the humiliation.
Poked and searched like I have something to hide.
In a suit made of orange tears and sadness.
When I reached room E307 suicide was the only thought in my head.
The crushing fear of being in a lonely room for who knows how long without any communication with the people you love.
Forced, to think and think...and think.
All I thought about were the loved ones who are worried and crying and disappointed in me at this time.
Nothing in the room but a bed made of metal, and a light brighter than the sun...it was my sun now.
Tears trickled, and roared at the thought of my captivity.
Wanting to escape and go home, to a place I once took advantage of, now knowing it can all be taken I soon apologized for my disrespect with sadness.

My mind wouldn't have let me last, I knew this wasn't where I belonged and I knew I couldn't do this for too long.
Scared and cold, that night I covered my eyes with the blanket and fell adrift until the morning.

The morning
Opening and closing my eyes, never wanting to leave my bed for it was my safe place.
After a while I knew I couldn't sleep all day, my stomach wouldn't let me.
As much was served I shivered and teared thinking of all the meals I would rather be eating and who I'd rather be with at this moment.
The voices echoed off the walls, the tv was never heard.
Volume was on but it was like it was muted and only staring at pictures.
I didn't know how much time I spent in there, none of us knew.
I paced that afternoon, a phone call could not be made as I was not allowed to make one.
I cried in my room.
Tried sleeping again, alas I was not tired.
Siting out in the open to watch the silent tv was my only bet at wasting time.
As I sat I thought about everything else I could be doing than siting here wasting my time and my health.

The release
I was siting thinking about everything I had lost, when my name was called. "Torres grab your things"
I was free, I was rescued.
I was searched for the last time.
I walked with my things in my hands and I was relieved that it didn't last long.
I walked out the door and saw the sun, something I thought I had lost.
I realized that freedom can be taken away.
I want my freedom, so I'll keep it.