meetings and fights

The next day, Tukiko and Sasuke got up at the same time and got ready to head to the Academy. Today was the day that they would sign in for the Chunin Exams. Both twins decided that they would enter the exam. At first, Sasuke told Tukiko not to enter because it was too dangerous. But then Tukiko argued that she spent six years by herself, living on danger. If she could survive out there, she could survive this exam. After many arguments, Sasuke gave in.

Sasuke and Tukiko met up with Sakura near a food shop so that they could wait for Naruto. But after a while, Tukiko began to notice that Sakura wasn't her usual bubbly self. She was shaking and perspiring; the usual signs that she was really nervous. Tukiko glanced over at Sasuke who could see the same thing and noticed she was acting weird. Tukiko guessed that Sakura was still not sure if she should take the exam.

Finally Naruto had arrived. He greeted good morning to both Sakura and Tukiko and Sakura gave a half hearted good morning back. Then the four started to head to the Academy while on the way, Naruto was asking Sakura for help about the application. Once they got there, the four could see a lot of ninja there. All of them had different hitai-ates from many of the different villages. Tukiko looked sadly at the Academy and Naruto noticed.

"Hey, Tukiko-chan, what's the matter?" he asked.

"Huh?" She broke out of her gazing and blinked. She gave a soft smile. "It's nothing. I'm just...sad that I couldn't enter the Academy like you guys did."

"Why couldn't you enter?"

Tukiko froze at the question and sighed. She shook her head and stared at the ground. Sasuke stared at his sister sadly.

"I don't want to talk about it."

Naruto frowned but let go of the subject.

They entered through the Academy doors and walked to the second floor. When getting there, they noticed that there was a crowd. The four walked through the crowd just in time to see a boy get hit and fall to the ground. The boy was strange by what Tukiko though. He had a bowl hair cut and huge eyebrows. He also wore a tight green suit with orange arm and leg warmers and his hitai-ate was tied around his waist.

"You plan to take the exam with that?" One of the boys who hit the strange one spat. "You should quit now."

"You're just a little kid," another boy with spiky black hair and two giant kunais strapped to his back said.

A girl with brown hair tied up in two buns and wore a pink Chinese style shirt and ninja pants stepped forward.

"Please let us through."

The boy with the kunai slapped her on the cheek. She fell to the ground.

"Hey, we're just being nice. The chunin exam isn't exactly easy. Even we have failed it three times straight. Those that take this exam and end up quitting as shinobis, those that die during the exam, we've seen it all. We're just thinning out the losers. What's wrong with that?"

Sasuke walked over and smirked.

"That's nice and all but let me pass through. And while you're at it, drop the genjutsu that you placed at the door sign."

One of the boys smirked.

"So you noticed..."

"Sakura must have noticed it before I did," Sasuke said turning to Sakura. "After all, she is the best in Genjutsu know how and she's the most improved."

Sakura blinked in surprise before she smiled and nodded.

"Of course I noticed. We're obviously on the third floor."