the chase

Her hand pierced into the ball, her hand connecting into something hard and warm. Almost immidiately, her hand felt something warm and wet underneath. Tukiko gasped, finding that the wetness was blood. It wasn't her blood. No. It was Gaara's.

"It's my blood!" Gaara screamed in horror. It hurt Tukiko. It seemed like he had never seen his own blood before. Although Gaara was her opponent, she didn't like the fact that he made him scream because of seeing his own blood.

Something started to slither around Tukiko's arm in the ball. She shivered and tried to wretch her hand out of the ball but couldn't. For some reason, she felt that she had to get her arm out before something happened to it. Her arm wriggled around, Tukiko gritting her teeth in all attempts to get it out. She even pushed her other hand onto the ball to get it out. A grip was on her arm, sending waves of fear in her.

"Let go!" Tukiko had to send her chakra to her hand again. Electricity sounded again and a scream was heard. She squeezed her eyes shut. She couldn't bare hearing him in pain. The pain Gaara was feeling made it possible for Tukiko to finally get her arm moving back out. She used all her strength to get her arm out. Halfway out, she gasped as something was latched onto her arm. It was something tan and had purple lines running all over it. She wretched her arm out of its hold and leapt back. Her wide eyes kept staring at the thing as it retreated into its hole. Tukiko held her arm in pain. "What the heck was that!?"

Using her Sharingan, Tukiko peered into the hole to see what was in there. Her heart pounded against her ears and her breathing nearly stopped. Something was slithering inside of that ball. Shivers wracked her body as her eyes met a yellow eye that looked sinister and craved for blood. The eye disappeared, leaving Tukiko shaken.

What...What was that?... Her breathing returned. Her body was stuck on spot as she remembered that eye. I have a horrible feeling about that. It wasn't normal, that's for sure.

Suddenly, the ball started to crack from the hole and started to dissolve. Tukiko watched as the sand fell and Gaara emerged from the sand. He was standing, holding the place where Tukiko hit him with blood flowing down his hand. His eyes were wide with shock and he was panting. She was shocked at thsurroundeds eyes.

What's going on? Those weren't his eyes...Then what was that freaky thing that was looking at me?!

Tukiko was brought out of her thoughts when hearing a small explosion behind her. Turning, she saw that smoke rose from the place the Kages were supposed to be watching from. She stood to her feet, not knowing what was happening. Something leapt out of the smoke to reveal that it was the Kazekage holding the Hokage in his hold. They landed on the top roof. The Kazekage took out a kunai and placed it on the throat of the Hokage. The ANBU rushed over seeing the village leader in danger. They tried to lung at the Kazekage but then a four walled barrier surroundedthem. One ANBU hit the wall and flames erupted on him, killing him. The Hokage was helpless.

Oh, no! Sasuke! Sasuke! Sasuke, answer me! Tukiko thought feverently. She knew what was going on. They were being attacked! Ambushed by the Oto ninjas!

Tukiko? What's wrong? -sasuke

Tell Kakashi to get over here now! I think the village is being attacked and the Hokage is in danger! We need help!-tukiko

What? Sasuke asked in shock. From where he was, he had stopped his training. Kakashi was wondering why he stopped. How did-Never mind. I'll ask later. I'll tell Kakashi and be right there.

Hurry! Our home is in trouble! -tukiko

Tukiko ended their communication and didn't speak to Sasuke as she saw Temari and Kankuro land next to Gaara. They were speaking to him, trying to convince him to abandon his desire to kill Tukiko to get the plan over with. A Suna jonin appeared in front of them, telling them to get moving. Genma appeared in front of her, facing them.